Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

HDR?

2 Aug 2012 7:56PM
If I use exposure bracketing how do I combine the images in post production?

I'm using Lightroom 4 on trial to see if it is any good and if I can use it for the level I am at. But if anyone else can tell me an easy program to understand and use then let me know Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2012 8:47PM
You could do worse than Photomatix which many of us use.
2 Aug 2012 8:50PM
Lightroom on its own wont produce HDR images. You need something like Photomatix or Nik software HDR Efex Pro

Steve
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
2 Aug 2012 9:05PM
If you don't want to spend any money, at this stage, then there are several free HDR software packages. Picturenaut is quite good.

Ewan
2 Aug 2012 11:07PM
+1 for photomatix...
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
2 Aug 2012 11:22PM
Dont dismiss Photoshop CS5 or 6 I actually prefer it to Photomatix - I rarely use HDR these days, but this was using HDR in CS5 (just wish I had used another couple of images in the bracket)
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2012 7:52AM
Whilst HDR is certainly one way to go, it's not the only way. You could consider blending exposures together using layers in any half decent photo editing programme. PS Elements, etc is a good way to start off. There are some free ones available, but as I am lucky enough to have PS I have never trialled any of them personally.

A.
3 Aug 2012 7:55AM
Another good freeware program is Luminance HDR.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
3 Aug 2012 8:44AM

Quote:Whilst HDR is certainly one way to go, it's not the only way. You could consider blending exposures together using layers in any half decent photo editing programme. PS Elements, etc is a good way to start off. There are some free ones available, but as I am lucky enough to have PS I have never trialled any of them personally.

A.

Good point Adam( I tend to use this method and or filters these days), although can be difficult with complex shapes cutting the horizon, unless you are quite proficient with layer masks etc.
MikeA e2
10 1.2k England
3 Aug 2012 9:17AM
Try the free trial of Oloneo Photo engine or SNS-HDR as well as the others above.
zogfield 7 54 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2012 6:05PM
Enfuse plug-in for Lightroom - great results!
ginz04 e2
10 278 16 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2012 4:51PM
Photomatix is the program I use easy to use with great results ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.