Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR Gallery?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JASPERIMAGE
19 Jan 2008 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Well,I am one who has been intro'd to HDR through a contact as I was totally fed up with filters cropping my images on a Sigma 10-20 wide lens.

I am experimenting with HDR using Canon Eos 30D and AEB. So far I shoot 3 RAW and process in Photoshop CS2 RAW process then in Photoshop process all 3 images taken at 3 diff sets in HDR.

Result, absolute brill but still needs development in Photoshop in the Levels, Shadow Highlight, Brightness Contrast and Smart Sharp.

Results in none brill situ so far has been absolute fantastic.

Looking forward to catching some real images in same.

Brian

Re above, I got out and Captured Tolquhon Castle see my Gallery Photo. Did as per my quote and processed on Photoshop. I did try Photomatix with as well but it did not merge the images proper. I thought that Photoshop was better result.

I have done a few photos on Photomatix by using 1 RAW and copying twice, then alter exposure in the 3 RAW, gender them on Photomatix etc and you get a brill result, save and then touch up in Photoshop. I am quite impressed re this.

Early days and still experimenting.

Brian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jan 2008 - 12:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29
dcash29  81887 forum posts England
19 Jan 2008 - 8:58 PM

I havent done Hdr yet either but some impressive ones here

Kris_Dutson
19 Jan 2008 - 9:24 PM

Quote: some impressive ones here

Well I'd agree that HDR is used to impressive effect on that site, but that's what the tog seems to be using it for, an effect. They look like so many others; over proceseed and unreal.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like them but I just prefer to use it as another weapon in my arsenal to get the best dynamic range out of a scene.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 19 Jan 2008 - 9:25 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.