Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR software?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Madhatter58
    27 Oct 2013 - 8:37 AM

Hi, can anyone recommend a good HDR software or even an ipad app? Wouldn't mind giving it a go. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Oct 2013 - 8:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

incheye1971
    incheye1971 e2 Member 1incheye1971 vcard United Kingdom
    27 Oct 2013 - 9:10 AM

I use Photomatix that's pretty good.

puertouk
    puertouk  21073 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2013 - 9:18 AM

You should get NIK software. You can purchase a bundle software from them which is very good. You can also get a 15 day free download to try the bundled software. Extremely recommended.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2013 - 9:30 AM

oloneo or photomatix

there are lots though

oloneo is one of the faster ones - seems very responsive to use

HDR EFEX by NIK is very creative but seems a very slow program - you probably need a very powerful computer to make the experience pleasurable....

AlanTW
    AlanTW  11342 forum posts
    27 Oct 2013 - 10:40 AM

Another vote for Oloneo

Alan

carper123
    carper123 e2 Member 283 forum postscarper123 vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi, try one of the free hdr software packages, there are some crackers out their, luminance is excellent.
    Cheers.
    Darryl. Smile

Mozzytheboy
    Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2013 - 5:25 PM

I must confess Photomatix is pretty darned good. As Ade said plenty to consider.

Mozzy

Dave_Canon
    27 Oct 2013 - 5:48 PM

I have Oloneo, Nik HDR Pro and Photomatix Pro. Oloneo is the fastest and easiest to use but Nik has the advantage of control points which allow local adjustments For most HDR sets I use Oloneo but for more challenging cases I use Nik. I have not used Photomatix for some time as it is the oldest and has some serious problems. Frequently the final saved images are slightly fuzzy which does not happen with Oloneo or Nik. Photomatix suggest that it is because the image that you see on the screen prior to final saving is an approximation so it is easy to choose settings which look OK but are not when finally saved. There are many posts on the internet about this problem.

If you are happy to spend some money and probably would not buy both Oloneo and Nik, I would recommend buying the Nik suite from Google as the other Plug-ins (particularly Silver Efex ) are very good.

Dave

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2013 - 10:35 AM

jsut one caveat to bear in mind....

if you should ever need to "batch process" 1000 images (for some strange reason... I do it all the time, but am strange) you will need Photomatix/Oloneo instead of HDER EFEX. I don't conclusively know, but HDR didn't do batch when I tried it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.