Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

HDR software?

27 Oct 2013 8:37AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a good HDR software or even an ipad app? Wouldn't mind giving it a go. Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

27 Oct 2013 9:10AM
I use Photomatix that's pretty good.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2013 9:18AM
You should get NIK software . You can purchase a bundle software from them which is very good. You can also get a 15 day free download to try the bundled software. Extremely recommended.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
27 Oct 2013 9:30AM
oloneo or photomatix

there are lots though

oloneo is one of the faster ones - seems very responsive to use

HDR EFEX by NIK is very creative but seems a very slow program - you probably need a very powerful computer to make the experience pleasurable....
AlanTW 12 347
27 Oct 2013 10:40AM
Another vote for Oloneo

Alan
carper123 e2
3 119 6 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2013 12:02PM
Hi, try one of the free hdr software packages, there are some crackers out their, luminance is excellent.
Cheers.
Darryl. Smile
Mozzytheboy e2
4 701 3 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2013 5:25PM
I must confess Photomatix is pretty darned good. As Ade said plenty to consider.

Mozzy
Dave_Canon 8 940 United Kingdom
27 Oct 2013 5:48PM
I have Oloneo, Nik HDR Pro and Photomatix Pro. Oloneo is the fastest and easiest to use but Nik has the advantage of control points which allow local adjustments For most HDR sets I use Oloneo but for more challenging cases I use Nik. I have not used Photomatix for some time as it is the oldest and has some serious problems. Frequently the final saved images are slightly fuzzy which does not happen with Oloneo or Nik. Photomatix suggest that it is because the image that you see on the screen prior to final saving is an approximation so it is easy to choose settings which look OK but are not when finally saved. There are many posts on the internet about this problem.

If you are happy to spend some money and probably would not buy both Oloneo and Nik, I would recommend buying the Nik suite from Google as the other Plug-ins (particularly Silver Efex ) are very good.

Dave
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
28 Oct 2013 10:35AM
jsut one caveat to bear in mind....

if you should ever need to "batch process" 1000 images (for some strange reason... I do it all the time, but am strange) you will need Photomatix/Oloneo instead of HDER EFEX. I don't conclusively know, but HDR didn't do batch when I tried it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.