Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8489 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 - 12:43 PM

Starting this group topic to discuss different HDR software packages and compare. Also to link to a new package I've just disovered.

We all know about Photomatix for HDR, but what about the other ones out there - do they give better reuslts, are they easier to use?

I've just seen alink on another website to a new HDR tool called Oloneo. There is a Beta version available at their website. If the publicity is to be believed, this could be a great new tool. Hpefully I'll be able to download and play with it tonight.

Martin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Jul 2010 - 12:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up Martin, I have used Photomatix since their early beta versions but am always interested in comparing other software.

Ian

annaliese
annaliese  9421 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 12:52 PM

Looks interesting, will download later, thanks Smile

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 12:57 PM

Having just watched their videos all I can say is 'Wow'. I can see the villagers lighting their torches and sharpening their axes already! Smile

sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 1:13 PM

They won't need to light all their torches at the same time though Ian, you could always do that later by the look of it!!! Grin

Very interesting videos indeed ... might have a butchers meself, cheers Martin.

Paul

digicammad
14 Jul 2010 - 1:14 PM

rotfl!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 1:20 PM

Just downloaded and had a quick play with a single image...(it crashed on a four shot hdr), but the single image was amazing how fast it works to tone map. very big bright graphics too makes it intuitive to use

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122042 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 1:26 PM

Shhhh! Don't tell everyone!Smile

Malcolm

Metalhead
Metalhead  61862 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 2:18 PM

Haven't checked out this new software yet but I will do later.

I've used Hugin for panorama stitching before. I think Hugin is capable of doing HDR too using Enfuse to do the exposure blending.

So Hugin and Enfuse are two pieces of software worth checking out too. Possibly linked to Enblend too.

Outlander
Outlander  472 forum posts
14 Jul 2010 - 2:36 PM

I use HDR software by Mediachance

http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html

You can download a full version of the software which puts a line of text on the very bottom of the image but what i do is to increase the canvas size by a few cm just on the bottom of the image/images before processing,then crop it off the finished hdr file,you can of course buy the full product which then of course omit`s the text,which of course you should do, but i just do the odd hdr image and this works for me.Smile

jken
jken  71672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 3:04 PM

Cheers Martin,

Will keep an eye on the Mac release.

jken

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 3:24 PM

I've been a photomatix devotee, used another brand once but took so long to process things on my laptop that I binned it

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122042 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 4:27 PM

I think you should give this a go Adrian. Strikes me it could be better than Photomatix. I'd be interested in your opinion.

Malcolm

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 4:37 PM

go on then, I'll take a nosey Wink

annaliese
annaliese  9421 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 4:44 PM

Oh dear, i need service pack 3 Sad to make it work.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.