Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

HDR Software

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
14 Jul 2010 6:17PM
tried to run the installer 4 times

failed each time

photomatix doesn't fail

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

frenchie44 8 239 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 6:29PM
Just downloaded Oloneo, very easy to use and quick, for the beginner or expert HDR user
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
14 Jul 2010 6:32PM
Installed fine with me but can't do anything with my shots. Keeps telling me I'm either out of memory [8Gb installed, Win7 64bit] or there's a problem with my so called corrupt files ... which all open fine in my usual programs. Tried 8 and 16 bit TIFFs but not bothered with JPEGs.

Fine using the default image files installed with program, but I don't want to print them Wink

Just uninstalled ... maybe I'll give it chance another time.
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 7:31PM
Well it's running very well for me and I'm really quite impressed. It's in beta so will obviously improve along the way.
Big Bri 13 15.6k United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 8:06PM
LOL, wonder how many times my dev team have said "well, it works OK on my machine" Wink
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
14 Jul 2010 8:48PM

Quote:LOL, wonder how many times my dev team have said "well, it works OK on my machine"

That sound familiar Wink

HDR using PhotoEngine
Martin54 e2
8 503 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 8:50PM
Working well for me, here's a quick sample:

oloneo-hdr.jpg

Alnwick castle, 5 exposures 1 stop apart, hand held. Processed in Oloneo with auto align enabled. Just resize and sharpened slightly in PS for the web.

I really struggled to get anything out of this with Photomatix (gave up in then end), but got this result within a couple of minutes in Oloneo. Very quick to use and easy to pick up. Perhaps not the best image in the world, but a good test for the software.
chase e2
9 1.1k 242 England
14 Jul 2010 9:58PM
Thanks to the OP for a heads up on this,it's always good to try new stuff.
It downloaded & installed for me fine.
Tried it with 3 lots of images,2 worked well & quite quickly with good results too,the other told me I had corrupt files Sad
Had a go with a couple of Raw files also & it coped well.
Comparing it with the results from Photomatix,there seems to be less of the 'cartoon' look about the results & the colours appear truer.
I think I will persevere with this program a bit longer.................coz I like them colour slider thingies Wink
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
14 Jul 2010 10:01PM

Quote:Tried it with 3 lots of images,2 worked well & quite quickly with good results too,the other told me I had corrupt files Sad

Have you tried reloading them by clicking create again, or closing the program down and reopening it? I have and on both counts it reloaded correctly. I've filed a bug with them.
chase e2
9 1.1k 242 England
14 Jul 2010 10:06PM
Nope,not tried that....but I will.
I suppose as it's still in the Beta stage of things there will be some probs ...to be expected. I hope they get them ironed out for October,when they say the Beta will expire & hopefully the 'proper' program will be available.
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 10:17PM
"coz I like them colour slider thingies "

They do work quite well don't they?
chase e2
9 1.1k 242 England
14 Jul 2010 10:39PM
-dsc0893-hdr.jpg

Just a very quick trial,I wanted to see how it coped with the whites & added an extra frame that was really 'blown' on his shirt....didn't do badly at all.

Quote:They do work quite well don't they?

Yup,I could spend ages just sliding 'em Wink
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
14 Jul 2010 10:53PM
It seems to use up a lot of system memory, and that's when it crashes when it peaks on memory. It's at least twice as intensive as Photomatix, and gets worse on the second attempt, so closing and reopening refreshes memory (I assume). Complications aside (hopefully fixed in bug fixes) I'm liking it!
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
14 Jul 2010 11:04PM
Would've thought that the 8GB on my system would've been enough ... anyone else using this software with Win7 64Bit successfully???
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
14 Jul 2010 11:18PM
Works for me Paul - windows 7, 64 bit, more RAM than a shepherds pie.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.