Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 6:17 PM

tried to run the installer 4 times

failed each time

photomatix doesn't fail

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Jul 2010 - 6:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

frenchie44
14 Jul 2010 - 6:29 PM

Just downloaded Oloneo, very easy to use and quick, for the beginner or expert HDR user

sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 6:32 PM

Installed fine with me but can't do anything with my shots. Keeps telling me I'm either out of memory [8Gb installed, Win7 64bit] or there's a problem with my so called corrupt files ... which all open fine in my usual programs. Tried 8 and 16 bit TIFFs but not bothered with JPEGs.

Fine using the default image files installed with program, but I don't want to print them Wink

Just uninstalled ... maybe I'll give it chance another time.

Last Modified By sut68 at 14 Jul 2010 - 6:32 PM
Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122191 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 7:31 PM

Well it's running very well for me and I'm really quite impressed. It's in beta so will obviously improve along the way.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315544 forum posts England
14 Jul 2010 - 8:06 PM

LOL, wonder how many times my dev team have said "well, it works OK on my machine" Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 8:48 PM

Quote: LOL, wonder how many times my dev team have said "well, it works OK on my machine"

That sound familiar Wink

HDR using PhotoEngine

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8495 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
14 Jul 2010 - 8:50 PM

Working well for me, here's a quick sample:

oloneo-hdr.jpg

Alnwick castle, 5 exposures 1 stop apart, hand held. Processed in Oloneo with auto align enabled. Just resize and sharpened slightly in PS for the web.

I really struggled to get anything out of this with Photomatix (gave up in then end), but got this result within a couple of minutes in Oloneo. Very quick to use and easy to pick up. Perhaps not the best image in the world, but a good test for the software.

chase
chase Critique Team 81115 forum postschase vcard England234 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 9:58 PM

Thanks to the OP for a heads up on this,it's always good to try new stuff.
It downloaded & installed for me fine.
Tried it with 3 lots of images,2 worked well & quite quickly with good results too,the other told me I had corrupt files Sad
Had a go with a couple of Raw files also & it coped well.
Comparing it with the results from Photomatix,there seems to be less of the 'cartoon' look about the results & the colours appear truer.
I think I will persevere with this program a bit longer.................coz I like them colour slider thingies Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 10:01 PM

Quote: Tried it with 3 lots of images,2 worked well & quite quickly with good results too,the other told me I had corrupt files Sad

Have you tried reloading them by clicking create again, or closing the program down and reopening it? I have and on both counts it reloaded correctly. I've filed a bug with them.

chase
chase Critique Team 81115 forum postschase vcard England234 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 10:06 PM

Nope,not tried that....but I will.
I suppose as it's still in the Beta stage of things there will be some probs ...to be expected. I hope they get them ironed out for October,when they say the Beta will expire & hopefully the 'proper' program will be available.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122191 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 10:17 PM

"coz I like them colour slider thingies "

They do work quite well don't they?

chase
14 Jul 2010 - 10:39 PM

-dsc0893-hdr.jpg

Just a very quick trial,I wanted to see how it coped with the whites & added an extra frame that was really 'blown' on his shirt....didn't do badly at all.

Quote: They do work quite well don't they?

Yup,I could spend ages just sliding 'em Wink

Last Modified By chase at 14 Jul 2010 - 10:40 PM
Pete
14 Jul 2010 - 10:53 PM

It seems to use up a lot of system memory, and that's when it crashes when it peaks on memory. It's at least twice as intensive as Photomatix, and gets worse on the second attempt, so closing and reopening refreshes memory (I assume). Complications aside (hopefully fixed in bug fixes) I'm liking it!

sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 11:04 PM

Would've thought that the 8GB on my system would've been enough ... anyone else using this software with Win7 64Bit successfully???

Last Modified By sut68 at 14 Jul 2010 - 11:06 PM
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2010 - 11:18 PM

Works for me Paul - windows 7, 64 bit, more RAM than a shepherds pie.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.