Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 - 5:54 PM

tut tut.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jul 2010 - 5:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 - 6:22 PM

Just tried Oloneo with 3 JPEGs from my 40D, and it is astonishingly quick (mind you, I am running on a 3Ghz quad core box). I love the tone mapping (much easier to use than Photomatix).

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93455 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 6:29 PM

I'm running a 2GB dual-core. iTunes frequently crashes it (and the Dr Who adventure games), but for some reason, oloneo works perfectly Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318457 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 6:57 PM

Just done a test on its noise feature and that's pretty impressive too. Shooting up to six of the same scene at high ISO and blend to remove noise. It's not something I've ever needed but it works well.
Do any of you ever have a need to shoot static subjects at high ISO? I normally use a tripod and a lower ISO.

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 7:31 PM

Quote: Do any of you ever have a need to shoot static subjects at high ISO? I normally use a tripod and a lower ISO.

Being a four thirds user I always try to use the lowest ISO possible, it becomes a habit.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 9:27 AM

Looks like my first download attempt failed - I downloaded it again and it installed first time and runs just fine Smile

Here's a single shot image from Tebay - the hills in the distance are the howgills to the left and the start of the lakeland fells to the right

the software was pretty sexy, though it's a pain hving to learn an entirely new set of sliders Wink A pain but interesting

The colours were muted so I did a mono in silver EFX

18097-1279222548.jpg

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122311 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 9:42 AM

Worth persevering then Adrian? Grin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yeah - I'm not uninstalling it just yet Wink

however, I've got used to the Batch Processor and Exposure Fusion on Photomatix - I can usually get the setttings right on there to get decent shots out of a batch with little need for more tewaking in tone mapping - I just shove the resuts in Photoshop and give them a polish. So if they get that functionality sorted, it'll be a winner.

Most of my mono-car shots were batch processed HDR, straight into Silver EFX - missing out the tone mapping step all together.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 12:25 PM

Looks interesting, I will have a play later. The re-colour function looks good, one of the bits I dont like in Photomatix (tonemapping bit - not exposure blending), Are some of the colourshifts, paricularly the Reds, and greens to a degree. It can make it difficult blending with one of the originals in PS.

Noise in the latest version of Photomatix is far better than it used to be, particularly if you blend unsharpened (or minimal sharpening in RAW) Tiffs. I think a lot of the noise problems occur when using Jpegs that have some in camera sharpening, also taking an 8 bit image to 32 bit will have some effect as opposed to 12/14 bit to 32 bit.

Quote: Do any of you ever have a need to shoot static subjects at high ISO? I normally use a tripod and a lower ISO

Not that I've seen any on here Pete, but I can see the benifits in astrophotography, when they shoot at high ISO at shortish intervals (to avoid startrails) and stack. Or in low light where tripods are not permitted (eg Museums, NT properties) - you could up the ISO and do a quick burst hand held.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122311 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 12:28 PM

I've barely tried Exposure Fusion. You're getting very good results with it so I must have a few more goes. As an aside, how do you print your B&W shots, or rather, what printer?

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 12:33 PM

Anybody tried Picturenaut

Here is a Flickr page.

Last Modified By Toonman at 16 Jul 2010 - 12:33 PM
Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 12:38 PM

The only HDR software I've used other than Photomatix is the one built into PTguipro. The problem I have with that one is the preview screen is too small to properly gauge the effect of the settings.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 16 Jul 2010 - 12:38 PM
ade_mcfade
16 Jul 2010 - 12:42 PM

Quote: I've barely tried Exposure Fusion. You're getting very good results with it so I must have a few more goes. As an aside, how do you print your B&W shots, or rather, what printer?

I use Pro AM in bradford

cheap, great quality and about 7 miles away from my house, so I FTP images then go pick them up to avoid postage costs (and usually pop into the asian shops for some some fresh coriander, ginger, chillies and garlic as they're nice and cheap there Smile )

Nick_w
16 Jul 2010 - 12:47 PM

A few links to alternate software

Photomatix
FDRTools
Dynamic PHOTO HDR
Qtpfsgui
Artizen HDR
Picturenaut
ReDynaMix
easyHDR
wukong
PTgui

Oh and not forgetting:

Photoshop

Last Modified By Nick_w at 16 Jul 2010 - 12:52 PM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318457 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2010 - 12:57 PM

There's another feature on PhotoEngine called ReLight. You shoot a set of shots all at the same exposure but with different elements lit in the scene. The demo pic is a kitchen with a hob light, a utensil light and ambient light. When combined the software splits the light source control so you can adjust it later...almost like having dimmer controls for each element. I've not seen anything like this before.
Anyone know of another program that does this?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.