Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 12:26 AM

Quote: well I've still got the raws.... Wink

I could recreate for Wink

I asked at 12:01 AM, hindsight is a wonderful thing but it won't pay the mortgage.
Wink

Last Modified By Boyd at 17 Jul 2010 - 12:26 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jul 2010 - 12:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014725 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 12:33 AM

you and your deadlines Wink

ade_mcfade
17 Jul 2010 - 12:38 AM

I lied.............

here's teh thing from the HDR thingy

Didn't realise I'd not saved over it

Face it - Photoshop did most of the nice bits

-mg-1896-hdr.jpg

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 12:43 AM

I prefer that. I'd have been tempted to light the back wheel and back side of the car to offer some separation from the BG too.

ade_mcfade
17 Jul 2010 - 12:46 AM

I did that with a curve + mask, but the HDR software added quite a lot of noise back there - that's why I went darker really

Strobe
Strobe  61254 forum posts United States
17 Jul 2010 - 8:04 AM

I have not bothered with HDR for a while now but found this link interesting. I downloaded Oloneo and did a test with an old image which was done with Photomatix, I must admit Oloneo really impressed me. It is fast, easy and seems to deliver a high quality.

I recently upgraded my PC and cannot get Photomatix to work again so depending on the price I might go for Oloneo when it is released.

For anyone who is interested in the result I have posted the comparison Metro Chair

Last Modified By Strobe at 17 Jul 2010 - 8:05 AM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2010 - 8:25 AM

I've added a review of PhotoEngine to the site now. Oloneo PhotoEngine Please feel free to add a comment at the end with your views of the product.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 Jul 2010 - 8:30 AM
cassiecat
cassiecat  639 forum posts England46 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2010 - 11:30 PM

from the pics i've seen folk post it looks natural. think i'll give it a try.lesley

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2010 - 4:28 AM

going to have a looksee too

Dave_Canon
18 Nov 2010 - 4:35 PM

I have tried Oloneo now and it seems easy to use and the initial results look OK so I planned to compare same Raw set of three between Photomatix and Oloneo. Problem is that Oloneo cannot save the file because I do not have enough memory. OK my computer is 3 years old now and I only have 3 G Bytes and 32 Bit Vista but Photomatix can handle 6 5D2 Raw files. I noticed on the Oloneo forum than one person could not process four 5D2 Raw files but has 8 G Bytes RAM.

Dave

Dave_Canon
3 Dec 2010 - 4:47 PM

I have downloaded the new Beta version of Oloneo and can now process and save when using 3 EOS 5D2 files though it cannot manage 4 without running out of RAM. I have compared several sets of 3 exposures between PM and Oloneo. For the more dramatic HDR effect Oloneo produced a much better looking pic and very easily using the auto tone mapping. I also found Oloneo excellent for dealing with ghosting whereas PM was poor. When it came to the more subtle HDR shots (HDR scenes captured but not obvious in final image), I found little to choose between them. In these cases, I found that I could no longer use Oloneo in auto tone mapping so it took just as long as PM to set the sliders. I also found that for the inside of a cathedral it took a lot of fiddling to get Oloneo to look as good as PM (though I have been using PM for some time now).

My overall impression is that Oloneo is developing well and, at this time, I would probably want to have Oloneo and PM.

Dave

digiphoto
digiphoto  1240 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2011 - 1:47 PM

To bring this thread upto date I would like to mention the new offering from Nik Software.
HDR Efex Pro.
I got it as part of the "Complete Collection" at Focus, but it available as a stand alone programme.
First trials would indicate it is far more versatile than most other programmes. The tone mapping of
a single image is amazing. There is a 15 day trial version available so give it a go and lets hear how you get on. Tony

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8495 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
20 Apr 2011 - 7:43 PM

A quick heads up - Oloneo PhotoEngine launches officially on 31st May, 25% discount for registered beta testers.

ade_mcfade
20 Apr 2011 - 8:05 PM

You can get a 15% discount on Photomatix if you use the "mcfadephotography" coupon code

Dave_Canon
4 Sep 2011 - 11:58 AM

I have been preparing to give an HDR lecture and during the preparation discovered a Photomatix problem which I suspect has only been introduced in V4. I had not previously noticed because, since PM V4 came out, I have been using Oloneo. The problem is that images with very high contrast areas (e.g. windows) produce hazy areas around the high contrast part of the image when using the Details Enhancer; this can be fairly extensive and spoils the entire image. In comparison if you use the Fusion mode (which is not strictly HDR) this effect is not present and nor is it with Oloneo. I found a few others on the internet reporting the same problem.

By elimination, I have discovered that it seems to be caused by the auto de-ghosting in PM. I have found that switching the de-ghosting off or even using the manual de-ghosting eliminates the problem. The auto de-ghosting has always been a problem on PM though the auto de-ghosting works well on Oloneo. The good news is that I find that the manual de-ghosting on PM work very well.

My advice is to avoid auto de-ghosting if you use Photomatix.

Dave

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.