Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
STEVELIN
STEVELIN  6155 forum posts Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2012 - 12:49 PM

Anyone recommend any free hdr software ? I found Photomatics pro 3 but this adds a water mark to the image any ideas? im new to hdr so something simple to use would be good
thanks.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jun 2012 - 12:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mustafaCanon
30 Jun 2012 - 1:19 PM

Best free HDR software

I use Photomatics Pro 4.2 myself but maybe worth checking out the software described in the above link

STEVELIN
30 Jun 2012 - 1:36 PM

thanks ill take a look.

User_Removed
30 Jun 2012 - 1:46 PM

I have Photomatix Pro v4.2.1 and Nik HDR Efex Pro.

Of the two, the Nik one is a lot better than Photomatix but, unfortunately, neither is free.

The Photomatix trial, as you have discovered, puts a watermark on the HDR image. The Nik trial does not do this - but it only lasts for 15 days. That may be enough for your purposes, or, at least, to allow you to evaluate it enough to make a decision on whether to buy.

Also, you can get a 30-day trial of Photoshop CS6 and, although its HDR function is only a small part of the overall program, it would again allow you to evaluate it.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 30 Jun 2012 - 1:48 PM
STEVELIN
30 Jun 2012 - 2:00 PM

thanks for that

MikeA
MikeA  91133 forum posts England
30 Jun 2012 - 3:27 PM

This is also on 30 day trial and easy and / or powerful depending on the option you select:
http://www.oloneo.com/

Currently on offer.

Last Modified By MikeA at 30 Jun 2012 - 3:28 PM
mustafaCanon
30 Jun 2012 - 3:31 PM

You could try Photomatix Essentials at $39 (about 25 squids) ... then if you like it you can upgrade to the pro version for just the price difference between the two. I've bunged a pic into my PF so you can see what Photomatix can do Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33364 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2012 - 3:52 PM

Quote: This is also on 30 day trial and easy and / or powerful depending on the option you select:
http://www.oloneo.com/

Currently on offer.

Very easy to use and the one I prefer.

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 7271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2012 - 9:49 PM

Not free, but I prefer Nik to Photomatix as you can do local adjustments easily. Course, if you have Photoshop (recent versions) it does hdr for no additional cost beyond the hefty cost of Photoshop (don't know if Elements does..... probably not?) but I don't find it as good/easy as Nik.

Dave_Canon
30 Jun 2012 - 9:55 PM

Oloneo and Nik are probably the best in HDR software but sadly not free. If you can produce 32 bit images Lightroom 4.1. can edit them allowing you to process HDR for no additional cost, if you already use LR 4.1

You need to ask yourself why would so many photographers pay a lot of money to buy HDR software, if there was equivalent software for free.

Dave

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 12:55 AM

It's subjective to suggest that one piece of software is better than another

You need to understand what you "need" from the software - I have used Oloneo and Nik and many others, yet use Photomatix professionally as it fits my workflow better than the others.

I'm producing images for property developers and agents, lots of them, so the results from Exposure Fusion/Adjust - via batch processing - are pretty much spot on.

Now if you're doing one or 2 HDR's, every now and then, and are after artistic results, then yes, NIK is a very flexible beast with masses of controls at your disposal.

For best results, work out your need first, then find the right product.

Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
STEVELIN
1 Jul 2012 - 12:58 AM

dont know the answer to that one dave.

STEVELIN
1 Jul 2012 - 1:20 AM

only doing a few now and again ade but would like to progress with it and do more

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 1:32 AM

are you thinking of going "creative" or "realistic" - some are better than others.

I've tried so many that I forget their names lol

Oloneo is a pretty straight forward one to use - it was free when last used it, in BETA testing, but assume it's paid for now.

can't remember names of the free ones.... errr... someone will.

if you get to the stage where you're taking hundreds of HDR's in a day, then look for one that does batch processing - Photomatix does the trick for me.

Pat_Stones
1 Jul 2012 - 1:56 PM

Go realistic. Please.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.