Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

He Stopped Loving Her Today.....

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
26 Apr 2013 6:44PM
George Jones died today at 81, in the middle of a tour.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Apr 2013 7:52PM
Heard he had died today but didn't realise he was in the middle of a tour. Loved his music especially "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - a real song with a story!! (Sounding like my dad now!!) GrinGrin
26 Apr 2013 8:34PM
Hey, you, Missus, looloobey, stop denigrating your Dad. He will be about my age, and I am a George Jones fan, also. First heard George about 1960, but really got hooked when I first heard his duet album with Gene Pitney. He was one exceptional singer/performer. If you are a fan get his duet CD with Merle Haggard. He could do duets with about every one of them, but his solo performances/ singing can never be matched by any of the others, and there are some good ones such as Buck Owen, Charley Pride, Vern Gosden. Bobby Bare, etc. Have a look on YouTube and find, " Possum Hollow"SadSadSadWink
26 Apr 2013 8:52PM
its very sad if you like the George jones sound have a listen to Robert mizzel
BEVZED e2
8 1.1k United Kingdom
26 Apr 2013 11:33PM
quite a loss, they don't come much better than George. Was only belting out his 'The race is on' going through Taunton today, did I get some odd looks! Loved his duets too
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
27 Apr 2013 3:32AM
My wife's been playing poor George's tunes since I told her he died this morning. He's always been a favourite of hers.
27 Apr 2013 6:25PM
"She thinks I still care." etc. etc. I still laugh when I read about when Tammy hid all the car keys to stop him going out drinking. He hot wired their sit-on petrol lawnmower and made it into town.
And who the hell is Robert mizzel ?Grin Never heard of him, and I am quite knowledgeable, ( I thinK) Is he a refuse operative (binman) in Nashville ?GrinWinkTongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.