Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

He Stopped Loving Her Today.....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014822 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2013 - 6:44 PM

George Jones died today at 81, in the middle of a tour.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Apr 2013 - 6:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 42373 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    26 Apr 2013 - 7:52 PM

Heard he had died today but didn't realise he was in the middle of a tour. Loved his music especially "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - a real song with a story!! (Sounding like my dad now!!) GrinGrin

polis_928tadw59

Hey, you, Missus, looloobey, stop denigrating your Dad. He will be about my age, and I am a George Jones fan, also. First heard George about 1960, but really got hooked when I first heard his duet album with Gene Pitney. He was one exceptional singer/performer. If you are a fan get his duet CD with Merle Haggard. He could do duets with about every one of them, but his solo performances/ singing can never be matched by any of the others, and there are some good ones such as Buck Owen, Charley Pride, Vern Gosden. Bobby Bare, etc. Have a look on YouTube and find, " Possum Hollow"SadSadSadWink

youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    26 Apr 2013 - 8:52 PM

its very sad if you like the George jones sound have a listen to Robert mizzel

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2013 - 11:33 PM

quite a loss, they don't come much better than George. Was only belting out his 'The race is on' going through Taunton today, did I get some odd looks! Loved his duets too

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014822 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Apr 2013 - 3:32 AM

My wife's been playing poor George's tunes since I told her he died this morning. He's always been a favourite of hers.

polis_928tadw59

"She thinks I still care." etc. etc. I still laugh when I read about when Tammy hid all the car keys to stop him going out drinking. He hot wired their sit-on petrol lawnmower and made it into town.
    And who the hell is Robert mizzel ?Grin Never heard of him, and I am quite knowledgeable, ( I thinK) Is he a refuse operative (binman) in Nashville ?GrinWinkTongue

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.