Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Head for Velbon UP-400 monopod?

fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2007 10:43PM
Hi,

Won one of these in a raffle today. Seems quite a decent and small monopod ideal for travel. One snag though. The thread seems to be for firring the camera directly on top rather than fitting a head.

I'd need to use my Manfrotto 234RC or similar head to be able to swivel for unusual angles im macro work. Is there something I can fit on the smaller thread out there? Or an adapter that would mean I can fit the 234RC to it? It's nice and compact and half the weight of my 679B so would save some weight allowance for flights etc. if I could use it. The alternative is to stick it on Ebay and fork out 100 for a carbon fibre Manfrotto!

Any info would be much appreciated!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ejtumman 10 2.8k England
25 Mar 2007 10:48PM
You probably want one of THESE . Half way down the page, thread adapter.

I did have one floating around somewhere. If I can find it when I get home tomorrow, you are welcome to it. I'll post up tomorrow if I can find it.

Emma ;o)
fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2007 10:54PM
Hey that's perfect!

Even better is I looked at my manfrotto and it has one of those on it so just tested it on the velbon and it works fine. Only snag is it's now currently stuck on the velbon!
fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2007 10:57PM
Hm... even better still the Manfrotto has a 3/8 thread that slides up around the 1/4 thread so I can use the head on both!

Not quite sure why the Manfortto had the adaptor and the sliding thread!
ejtumman 10 2.8k England
26 Mar 2007 10:04AM
Glad you were able to sort it. I've found the adapter I have, so if anyone wants it, PM me.

Emma ;o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.