Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Heathrow Purple Parking

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Feb 2012 12:11PM
Just trying to see if anyone used them before and what they think of this Heathrow Purple Parking.
Cheers.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2012 12:24PM
I used them a couple of times a few years ago and they were OK. It is a bit of a hike from the parking to the terminals whichcan eb frustrating if, like me, you tend to leave things last minute.

When I flew regularly from Heathrow I used to use a company called Heathrow Chauffeur Park (020 8897 2313 I think) - it was a one man band who had access to secure premises for parking your car. The beauty of it was that I would meet him at the terminal and he would pick the car up from me, then meet me with the car when I landed again. Really convenient and it usually worked out no more expensive than using the heathrow car parks.
I don't know if he is still in business but if you google 'Heathrow Chauffeur parking' you will find a few other companies doing the same sort of thing.
Nick_Hilton 9 514 2 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2012 12:46PM
Coleslaw,
I use them alot they are great and well recommended. Never had an issue with them.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2012 12:57PM
Just a thought, have you ever considered getting a private hire car to/from the airport? Robbie and I do this when we are flying out to Turkey, it works out no more expensive than the airport parking charges, there is no hike from/to your car and, best of all, if you get back at stupid o clock you don't have to drive.

Ian
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Feb 2012 1:08PM
Thanks.
I can't find it, Mike.
Cheers Nick.
Yes, Ian, way way more expensive.
cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2012 1:16PM
My wife & have used Purple Parking at Heathrow a few times in the past, with no problems. Even arriving back in the early morning we had no issues with them picking us up at T4, but that was a few (4+) years ago though.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.