Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Heathrow Purple Parking

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just trying to see if anyone used them before and what they think of this Heathrow Purple Parking.
    Cheers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Feb 2012 - 12:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2012 - 12:24 PM

I used them a couple of times a few years ago and they were OK. It is a bit of a hike from the parking to the terminals whichcan eb frustrating if, like me, you tend to leave things last minute.

When I flew regularly from Heathrow I used to use a company called Heathrow Chauffeur Park (020 8897 2313 I think) - it was a one man band who had access to secure premises for parking your car. The beauty of it was that I would meet him at the terminal and he would pick the car up from me, then meet me with the car when I landed again. Really convenient and it usually worked out no more expensive than using the heathrow car parks.
    I don't know if he is still in business but if you google 'Heathrow Chauffeur parking' you will find a few other companies doing the same sort of thing.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Nick_Hilton
    17 Feb 2012 - 12:46 PM

Coleslaw,
    I use them alot they are great and well recommended. Never had an issue with them.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just a thought, have you ever considered getting a private hire car to/from the airport? Robbie and I do this when we are flying out to Turkey, it works out no more expensive than the airport parking charges, there is no hike from/to your car and, best of all, if you get back at stupid o clock you don't have to drive.

Ian

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Feb 2012 - 1:08 PM

Thanks.
    I can't find it, Mike.
    Cheers Nick.
    Yes, Ian, way way more expensive.

cmawson
    cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Feb 2012 - 1:16 PM

My wife & have used Purple Parking at Heathrow a few times in the past, with no problems. Even arriving back in the early morning we had no issues with them picking us up at T4, but that was a few (4+) years ago though.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.