Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Heliopan or Lee Polariser

marktc e2
4 59 13 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 3:56PM
Good afternoon,
Can anyone give me a clue as to the quality of the Heliopan 105mm CP? Its a lot cheaper than the Lee equivalent and I wondered if anyone can give me a sense of the quality?

Regards

Mark

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

IanBurton e2
5 78 7 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 4:34PM
I have the Heliopan and can say it performs very well. I opted for this over the Lee equivalent based on price as well as the heliopan is thinner so any chance of vignetting at wide angle is reduced. Never noticed any vignetting. It is built solidly, and does not affect image quality. The only thing I have noticed about it is that it does have a tendency to stick if it is not used for a little while, found a gentle tap releases it far easier than trying to twist.

A quality piece of glass you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps,

Ian
marktc e2
4 59 13 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 4:56PM
Thank you Ian having just invested a huge amount of money on Lee filters I was a little reluctant to add another 300 for a CP. thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mark
DalesLass e2
3 2.2k United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 5:18PM
I also have the slim Heliopan. It was recommend to me by Morco when I said I'd had problems with vignetting with my existing polariser.

I have had very good results with it and no problems at all. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a good polaiser.

Jude
marktc e2
4 59 13 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 6:01PM
Thank you Jude, looks like the Heliopan.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
22 Aug 2012 8:05PM
Helioppan or even genuine Chinese.

Lee are a rip-off imho

But, of course, all those who have been ripped off will come on here to defend their mistake.

Human nature.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.