Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

HELLLPPPP on a wordpress.com site

Mozzytheboy e2
4 550 3 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2013 5:10PM
I'm having a go and putting a really basic 'photos web-blog' together, and I'm currently using Wordpress.com to build the thing. It is the free version and I don't have the pennies to convert it to a custom one.

My question though is can anyone make a suggestion as to how I can best display my images on a fixed page other than just uploading to the library and posting it? Maybe a box that scrolls automatically as an example would be great. I hate the look of the one page I have for images.

Any advice you offer will be very appreciated. I am only trying to appeal to other VERY basic amateur hobbyists, not for profit or anything like that; it's just for fun and also gives me something to work the brain (Doctors orders).

Ahh the blog is : HERE

Thank you thank you thank you ... if you can help me.

Mozzy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

helenog 1 70 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2013 6:35PM
Hey, congrats on setting up a blog!

Wordpress.com is great for blog posting but the functionality is towards blogging rather than galleries. Have you looked through all the free photography templates to see if they offer anything more suitable than the template you're using?

I used Wordpress.com for a number of years before moving more recently to a self hosted blog so that I could have more flexibility. Although Wordpress.com didn't allow for any formal type of gallery, it is possible to add an additional page to your blog and have just a list of photos (maybe resize them to display them side by side) for people to scroll through. I'm not aware of any limitations to the size of a page, and they're just editable in the same way that a post is.

I'll keep thinking to see if there are any other ways!
20 Nov 2013 6:37PM
try weebly.com alot easier to use and free.
20 Nov 2013 7:02PM
Photium are a fantastic firm and have a basic price for 80.00 per year gives you 5 pages and 300 photos and treat you very well. Dave
Mozzytheboy e2
4 550 3 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2013 7:09PM
Thanks Dave; as I said I don't have any spare money whatsoever, and asked with respect if anyone might be able to answer the question I posted regarding a slicker way of including images rather than just uploading to WP. I've seen some slide shows and this would be what I would like vcery much.

I'm actually quite comfortable with WP.com Gareth and probably a bit old and medically not up to starting from scratch with another provider. Thank you though for the thought.

Helen ... Thank you.

Mozzy
20 Nov 2013 7:21PM
Slide shows are quite simple to create via the Media section. Once you've added your media, instead of 'Insert Into Post' click 'Create Gallery' (or Insert Gallery). There's usually a choice of gallery styles ranging from tiled images to thumbnails etc...and there should be another option saying 'Slideshow'.

Hope that helps.
Mozzytheboy e2
4 550 3 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2013 8:08PM

Quote:Slide shows are quite simple to create via the Media section. Once you've added your media, instead of 'Insert Into Post' click 'Create Gallery' (or Insert Gallery). There's usually a choice of gallery styles ranging from tiled images to thumbnails etc...and there should be another option saying 'Slideshow'.

Hope that helps.

THAT is precisely what I was after. Thank YOU big-time.

Mozzy
20 Nov 2013 8:58PM
No probs. Feel free to contact me if you need any more help Smile
LouiseTopp 4 409 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2013 11:00AM

Quote:Try weebly.com alot easier to use and free.

Hi have found thi site, how do you get started please? I have tried to click on upload gallery photo's from your computer, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Mozzytheboy e2
4 550 3 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2013 12:09PM
Sorry, I personally can't help you with weebly as I use wordpress.

Mozzy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.