Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hello!!

Paul65 e2
6 258 England
23 Feb 2008 10:08PM
Hello!
I've just stumbled accross this website. God, what have I been missing out on for all this time!!
So I suppose you all want to know a little bit about me. Well, I'm 42 (to be 43 far too soon), married with one son and one 12 month old grandson who keeps me busy with my portrait practice!.
Photographically, I'd put myself as a keen enthusiast who's just recently got into DSLR by buying an Olympus E410.
I find the camera easy to use and appropriate for my level of expertise but would welcome any comments or opinions from other E410 users as I'm still learning how to "drive" it.
Hope to upload some of my photo's soon and would welcome all of your comments, good and bad!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
23 Feb 2008 10:10PM
Hello and welcome Smile
delboy1145 e2
6 29 8 England
23 Feb 2008 10:36PM
hi welcome looking foward to seeing your images. don't be shy just jump in the waters fine
Dave
MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
23 Feb 2008 10:47PM
Hi Paul and Welcome to the Madhouse, better known as EPZ! This is a brill place to learn (speaking from experience) and almost everyone is very helpful, even if a few (of us) are more than a tad bonkers! Wink

Two things to add :

1. if you can get along to Focus over the next few days, I would recommend it

2. if you can get along to any of the members meets, I would recommend that too

Both give you an opportunity to put faces to names and a chance to learn "at the coal face" as it were Smile

Enjoy!
Fran xx
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
23 Feb 2008 10:55PM
Hello Paul. If you want to learn about various aspects of photography then the ePHOTOzine site can be a good source of knowledge.
Concerning references to madhouses and people who are bonkers, I'm afraid you'll either have to ignore them or ask the people who post such comments for more in-depth answers and possible references to such mad actions on the site.
I apologise in advance if you or your family have ever suffered from any mental disorders or have been sectioned and I'm sure that no-one meant any disrespect or intended to provoke you.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Feb 2008 11:07PM

Quote:at the coal face

I heard they where closing all the mines.....Sad

Oh! by the way.....Welcome Paul......Smile

Seriously though as Fran has said, Great idea to meet a few members....Focus On Imaging will give you a chance to meet the EPZ team as well.

Other than that, Just join in have a laugh....Oh! and take some pictures.......Smile
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
23 Feb 2008 11:12PM

Quote:Hello Paul. If you want to learn about various aspects of photography then the ePHOTOzine site can be a good source of knowledge.
Concerning references to madhouses and people who are bonkers, I'm afraid you'll either have to ignore them or ask the people who post such comments for more in-depth answers and possible references to such mad actions on the site.
I apologise in advance if you or your family have ever suffered from any mental disorders or have been sectioned and I'm sure that no-one meant any disrespect or intended to provoke you.

Yours fatefully.

Chief nutter

Wink
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
23 Feb 2008 11:16PM
As Oscar Wilde so memorably said:

Quote:Takes one to know one.

Wink
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
23 Feb 2008 11:34PM
How right you are.
Wink

See you at focus.
Paul65 e2
6 258 England
26 Feb 2008 9:03PM
Another question.
More info about the benefits of signing up to this E2 thing please.
I spectated at the Monday Night Challenge last night and would quite like to play sometime. Do I have to be "E2 certified"?
Sorry if this question's been asked before, guess it has, but don't forget, I'm new here!!
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
26 Feb 2008 9:05PM
Hi Paul.
No you don't need to be e2, anybody can take part in the Monday Night Challenge.

Smile
Paul65 e2
6 258 England
26 Feb 2008 9:09PM
Thanks Doug.
It might play next Monday then!
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
26 Feb 2008 9:16PM
Go for it!

I missed it this week as I was on my way back from Focus and didn't get home until 8:30.
WelshKiwi e2
7 3.2k 2 Wales
26 Feb 2008 9:52PM
Hello Paul.

Welcome to epz.

Im going to play next monday night as well. I got my new flash at focus to go with the camera Im about to purchase D300.

So we can be new monday night peeps at the challenge thread at the same time.

I watched last night and it looked fun, but the guys were so willing to help as well.

See you monday if not before.

Lee Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.