Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello (group forum)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ValSaxby
    ValSaxby e2 Member 8132 forum postsValSaxby vcard United Kingdom
    6 Jul 2010 - 9:22 PM

Hi everyone

Thought I would just pop in and introduce myself........my name is Val and I have a great love of wildlife photography - in particular birds.

Want to get more into getting shots of animals and birds in the wild rather than captivity - difficult sometimes but hoping to get some help and advice from you guys on the best places to go.

Val

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jul 2010 - 9:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

alianar
    alianar  482 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jul 2010 - 5:29 PM

hi
    for birds garden birds are very common and very beautiful too so i think they are the best.
    if you have a garden set up a few feeders and you will find all sorts of birds there in no time Wink
    remember different birds like different things.
    if you dont have a garden i am sure there is a nature reserve or just a small woodland nearby, there are also loads there.
    hope this helps
    thanks
    Aryan
    Grin

Jestertheclown

Hi Val,

As alianar has said, garden birds are easy targets and it doesn't require a lot of work to attract them.
    I've got one large feeder which I fill with cheap wild bird seed from the local market.
    I also scatter left over bread on the ground and that's as complicated as it gets!
    I've always got birds of some kind visiting the garden.
    Obviously, moreso during the winter months when there's not much natural food about and again when the nestlings are becoming fledgelings. Watching Starlings feeding young that are larger than themselves is always a laugh although a shot of it has so far eluded me.

Jester.

Toadie
    Toadie  5 England
    20 Jul 2010 - 4:27 PM

Hi all, just dropped in and thought I'd ask a quick question! I'm wanting to take some pictures of birds, I live around the south coast of Enland, and was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm going to be using a Canon 400d with a 75-300mm zoom lens, would this setup be ok? or should I be looking for a different setup? Any help would be most welcome.

alianar
    alianar  482 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jul 2010 - 4:56 PM

hi
    i live on the south cost too, in bournemouth.
    that setup is fine i use a sony a450 and tamron 70-300 so very similar.
    Smile
    hope this helps
    thanks
    AryanGrin

johnlwadd
    johnlwadd e2 Member 6johnlwadd vcard England
    26 Jul 2010 - 3:59 PM

Hi everyone
    My name is John and i love wildlife photography and i live in West Sussex.I also like taking photos of flowers.

fudgy
    fudgy  348 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jan 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi ...just thought I would also introduce myself ...

you can stick with fudgy , its what everyone cyber space or not , calls me ...

I am very new to photography , my hubby got me my first digi camera last summer , up untill then it had always been disposable ones Tongue

I am very much on the learning process , and thanks to a few kind souls on the main forum , I have learnt loads.

I pretty much like taking pics period but wildlife and landscapes find me at my best right now.

anyhows

hello to you all

LovesRaptors
    16 Feb 2011 - 9:02 AM

Hi all,
    I also thought I had better introduce myself,I am John and I live in the central belt of Scotland, my love is Bird and wildlife photography a novice really so this forum I hope should help me on my way to being more successful using the equipment I am using at present which is a Canon 7D with a Sigma 170-500mm f5.6.3 APO DG Lens and a Canon 70-300mm f4 IS USM for some close in shots.

Hope I get to speak to all around the forum or here

Kind regards
    John Wink

lyns123
    lyns123  3 United Kingdom
    12 Apr 2011 - 4:22 PM

Hi - new member alert Grin

I am an amature photographer, learning my way around my Nikon D5000. I love wildlife in general and love to photograph all sorts of birds, but love birds of prey. I am lucky to live in the countryside, so I am minutes away from a photography 'challenge'!

Hope to get some good shots and post on here!

Lyndsey Smile

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi Lyndsey,

Welcome, it looks like you are going to be adding some great photos - e.g. Glen Etive.

loads to share, here on ePz.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2011 - 8:25 AM

Hi everyone. I'm kathryn and my favourite is wildlife and animals in general. Love zoos especially, live not too far from Dudley zoo so hope next year to get a yearly pass and get in some much needed practise Tongue Recently visited Longleat which was a fabulous day.
    Kathryn

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2011 - 9:30 AM

Hi Kathryn, That's a lovely portfolio you have there. Sounds like you could be Dudley's next official photographer Wink
    Best wishes
    Stuart

kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2011 - 9:58 AM

Thanks Stuart. Love photography, just need to master the settings on my camera, practise makes perfect. Not one for giving in so will perservere Grin
    Kathryn

johnke
    johnke  154 forum posts South Africa9 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 2:12 PM

Hi Every One I am John at at the moment live in South Africa , Wild life, Nature & Birds have been a passion for many years , but I am still learning and have lots to share should anyone be interested ...John

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.