Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hello

Digi e2
7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 11:26AM
My name is Jill

I live in South Wales UK

I only have a Kodak easyshare C340 camera at the moment. But I am looking at upgrading to a Nikon D40X very soon.

I was recommended a Nikon DLSR by a friend so that is why I am going for one.

This will be my first proper camera.
I really don't know that much about photography or settings in digital camera so I will be asking loads of questions.

Usually I just point the camrea at the subject press the shutter and hope for the best. Some of my macro pictures I am quite proud of but any suggetions would be most helpful.

Thanks Jill

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattGrayson e2
7 622 3 England
21 Jun 2007 11:32AM
Hi Jill,
welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy yourself with us and get loads of help and information. take a look in our Review section if you're still unsure about the choice of camera. Looking forward to seeing your Macro images! Smile
dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
21 Jun 2007 12:18PM
Hi Jill,

I was in a similar position myself in April and swapped from a compact to Nikon D40. I love the camera and this site is a wonderful source of help, information and inspiration. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Darren.
jaspernina e2
7 1.0k Wales
21 Jun 2007 12:49PM
Hi Jill

Welcome to EPZ. I've recently joined this site & upgraded from a compact, i bought a Nikon D200, which i found a little daunting. My friend has a D40x, and it is much more related to a compact compared to my D200. So you'll find transition easier and with great results. Look forward to seeing your images.

Also live in South Wales, Pembrokeshire.

Stephen
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Jun 2007 1:45PM
Welcome to the 'Mad House' Jill. Have fun and enjoy your 'tography!

Smile
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
21 Jun 2007 2:13PM
Hi Jill, Wecome aboard the good ship EPZ, Ask lots of questions, Join in on the forums, Take loadsa pic's, And above all have fun doing it all.

Smile
uggyy e2
9 2.1k 9 Scotland
21 Jun 2007 4:19PM
Im sure you will have a good time on here, a good friendly bunch Smile

You will love the D40x, nice wee camera and will give you fantastic shots.

Tommy
Digi e2
7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 4:26PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I was hoping to put some pictures in my gallery but a message keeps coming up saying only one per day.
jaspernina e2
7 1.0k Wales
21 Jun 2007 4:28PM
If you become an e2member i believe you can upload 16 images.
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 4:31PM
E2

Hi and welcome to the site. Yes you can upload up to 16 images within the first week of joining E2, and after that its one a day.

Hope you enjoy the site, it's a great place to be.

Jeanie
Digi e2
7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 4:55PM
Thanks Jaspernina & jeanie.
ZenTog e2
12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 4:59PM
welcome to the Asylum , its real madhouse here but fun and you can learn a lot , just watch out for the weirdos and stalkers!!! only kidding Boyds ok really!!!!
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:03PM
Hi Jill, welcome to the site !

Just beware the Cornish lot and anybody called Paul Frost - apart from that they're not a bad bunch - just one tip - don't start a thread with the line -
"I'm thinking of buying my first DLSLR ,should I buy a Nikon or a Canon and what lenses do I need ? " LOL Smile
ZenTog e2
12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 5:07PM
and anybody who lives in St Ives claiming to drive a sports car and , also claims his uncle sank the titanic
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:08PM
Jill - it's all true I tell you !! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.