Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hello

Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:11PM

Quote:[tip - don't start a thread with the line -
"I'm thinking of buying my first DLSLR ,should I buy a Nikon or a Canon and what lenses do I need ? "/quote]

I have just ordered the brochure for the D40x at the top of the forum so I think that will help me some.

As for weird people I am used to them I own sled dogs so that counts me as weired so I should fit right in LOL

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 5:11PM
beware of anybody who says its all true, in reality Geoff is locked away in the Pinetrees old folks home in Connor Downs, we visit him once a week to take him his saffon bun , it takes him 7 days to get one eaten as the matron confiscated his false teeth after he bit the nurse on the bum!!!
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:14PM
Oh jeez what are you lot like. I am in stitches here lol
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 5:17PM
Geoff was also locked in the isolation wing after crossing the road to the pasty farm, he started a riot about the pastys not being as good as his mothers down in Newlyn, they also confiscated his Nikons after he tried to lure the nurse into posing for naughty postcard shots
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:23PM
I'm speechless. !! You wait 'til I catch up with you Frosty !!
and Jill it's all lies Smile and Pinetrees is nice !

and the Nikon/Canon thing was a joke !!

(And Paul is only jealous of my success !! )
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 5:27PM
the postcards ofthe nurses were to top us his pension fund after white star lines wouldnt give him compensation for the lose of his relative in the titanic sinking, so it how how old he is really, he could be the oldest man in Cornwall hes had 5 telegrams from the Queen since his 100th birthday, he even owns the patent to Lemon drizzle cake, if you check the patent offce it was taken out by a Geoff Hichens in 1922 in camborne patent office , for the sum of 1 shilling and 6 pence
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 5:30PM
nah i am younger and prettier than him by far, can still ride my motorcycle!! ,I have to take him his saffron bun, thats how I know him, when I was a whippersnapper working for the West Briton group, Geoff was the old man of st Ives even back in the 1970`s, and the old folks home is only one mile up the road from me , So we have to keep the old guy happy, nobody else visits him after the incident , say no more about that but it made the nationals
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 5:59PM
Now Paul & Geoff. If you are both so good looking how come you can't put an upto date picture of yourselves in your avatars or profile ?

Your comments are so funny. lol
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 6:01PM
Oh and did someone metion motorbikes ?

I Love motorbikes.
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 6:04PM
oy Dig I am so good looking, I posted a picture of myself even has its own fan club on ephotozine, have a look through and click a few pictures on the way to finding it,
by the way I am jealous of Geoff he got the front cover of National geographic back in 1928, I have never achieved that honour, But I have all my own teeth and hair He never posts any pictures of himself to people beleave he his only 35 years of age

did have 5 bikes down to three now, a drz400 offroader for greenlane use
a old dt125 two stroker cant bear to sell, and uncle hichens bike a 1967 cafe racer to do up it was geoffs last bike he bought before they made him retire
really its a bsa spitfire 650 twin quite a rare beasty
mrswebber 7 104
21 Jun 2007 6:31PM
Hi Jill and welcome.
I've not got a clue what I'm doing either and I'm working with the Kodak Easyshare 340 too.
They're a great bunch on here. Very helpful and kind. Hope you enjoy.

Eilidh
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 6:35PM
@ paul

I did have a kawasaki z 750 road bike. I had to sell it though and it broke my heart. Beautiful bike.

Nice choice of bikes you have too.

I think I found your picture in your gallery. You really are gorgeous don't think much of the person with the riding hat on though. he he he
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 6:37PM
Thank you mrs webber Smile
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
21 Jun 2007 9:08PM
riding hat Digi ???

I got rid of a kawasaki 1100 zephyer to buy the drz, it was a great bike 140mph plus with no fairing, but i could hardly ever use it the roads are so busy in Cornwall, and when not busy wet, so bought the drz for fun off and on road
Digi 7 78 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 9:19PM
" Riding hat Digi " ?

LOL Paul. I am on about your picture called
Pony Love " lol

yep had a go myself on an 1100 when they first came out. Fantastic bike but still miss my 750z very much. The roads round here are the same as where you are either too wet, too busy or too icy because I live at altitude.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.