Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mick183
    mick183  5 South Africa5 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Nov 2008 - 11:22 AM

I'm very pleased to join this on-line community of photography enthusiasts. I've already explored the web-site and found much of interest including technical reviews and articles on photographic technique.

I've been into photography for nearly 50 years over which time there have been peaks and troughs in my level of activity. At one time I was a semi-professional wedding photographer in London, south of the Thames. But I never gave up the day job. I had my own hobbyist's darkroom for black-and-white and colour processing and I contracted out the wedding work to a local lab. I used a Hasselblad 500cm - no electronics whatsoever - for weddings and portraits and a Canon AE1 outfit for almost everything else.
    I 'went digital' about 8 years ago and I'm on my third digital compact, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 which I've had for nearly 3 years. I also have a Nikon Coolpix 5200 which slips more easily into a jacket pocket and is very handy for holiday and travel pics. I'm considering adding a DSLR to my collection, possibly a Canon EOS450D.
    Up to now I have used simple photo-editing packages with the basic functions of cropping, rotating, lighting adjustment etc. More recently I acquired Elements v.5 and I am teaching myself how to use it.
    My interest is in getting good images be they portraits, landscapes, product shots or whatever. To me, the technology is a means to this end, nothing more.
    I live in South Africa where my wife and I own a guest house. I have recently created a web-site for the business, using the 'save to web' facility of Elements to good effect. The experience of taking photos for the web site has given me a renewed interest in photography.
    That's probably about it for now: I look forward to joining this stimulating community of photo enthusiasts...

Chris aka mick183

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Nov 2008 - 11:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Costy
    Costy  6483 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Nov 2008 - 2:03 PM

Welcome Chris!

You will love it here... lots of like minded people! A great community.

I look forward to viewing your portfolio (starting now...)

Ryan

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Nov 2008 - 2:44 PM

welcome on Chris,
    look forward to seeing work uploaded, soon becomes a serious addiction,
    Phil

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.