Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hello all, im new to the forum

Nate77 1 8 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 9:18PM
Hi everyone
My name is Nathan and I'm new to the forums. Iv been into photography for a couple of years and shoot with my Panasonic g3 . My passion is street photography and enjoy shooting the occasional landscape . Iv recently purchased a small studio set up and hope all you lovely people can help me get the most from it . I would really like to meet other street togs from the london area to go out and shoot with .
Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler e2
6 477 14 England
6 Jan 2013 10:22PM
Hi Nathan and welcome, I think you might find that street togs are reluctant to go out as a group these days for fear of drawing too much attention to themselves thus spoiling the candid nature of their work. It would be better to post some shots to the critique gallery and get some advice that way.

Ken
6 Jan 2013 10:41PM
Hi rambler
I agree that a group of street togs can bring unwanted attention. I really was thinking that shooting with maybe one other could help build confidence. I'm pretty new to street and its a bit daunting at times . Could be fun with a like minded person.
I shall definitely post in the critique gallery to help improve my work . I dont consider myself to be very good . But hey you know what practice makes Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 10:52PM
Hi Nate,

Welcome to ePhotozine. I live in Woking and Work in London.
Now the london ights have gone a tripod is a good accessory.

Maybe we can meet up some time, street photography is hard and probally harder in a group if people are your subject.

Best Wishes
Stuart
6 Jan 2013 11:12PM
Hi Stuart

Yes peaple are my main subject, however I like to shoot whole street scenes as well close ups. My main lenses are are my pany14mm and sigma 19mm on a 4/3 format .

I live not to far from london and plan to make trips to the city once or twice a month. Mainly on weekends .
My friends don't really care for photography. So it would be nice to meet more people to share my hobby with
I have a tripod, but its a fairly cheap one . Hopefully it will suffice as iv not really had the chance to use it outside and don't know if its up to the task .
Next time I plan a trip to london i'll let you know and if your available to shoot some pics ,I'd be happy to meet with you

Thanks
PinkK 5 80 1 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 8:38AM
Welcome to EPZ....enjoy Smile
Meheecho 2 275 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 4:07PM
Hi Nathan and welcome to the friendliest site on earth--Enjoy!!
Steve
Rawmazz Junior Member 2 41 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 7:37PM
Hi and welcome Smile
7 Jan 2013 9:22PM
Pinkk, meheecho and rawmazz thank you for your warm welcome
Jellyfire 2 41 4 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 9:24PM
Welcome to the site Nathan, look forward to seeing your stuff!
Lee
7 Jan 2013 9:30PM
Hi lee thanks
Can't wait to get more of my photos into my portfolio. But its seems I can only up load one a day. Is that correct?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
7 Jan 2013 9:34PM
Welcome to the ePHOTOzine Nathan.
Quote:
its seems I can only up load one a day. Is that correct?

Yes and we do it for a reason - to avoid the gallery (where all the photos go to get votes and comments) becoming flooded with photos. One a day makes you have more of a chance of your work being noticed rather than swept away in a deluge of uploads. We're one of the few sites with the sensible restriction Smile
You can however upload more to your profile and into blogs and the forums.
7 Jan 2013 9:40PM

Quote:Welcome to the ePHOTOzine Nathan.
its seems I can only up load one a day. Is that correct?
Yes and we do it for a reason - to avoid the gallery (where all the photos go to get votes and comments) becoming flooded with photos. One a day makes you have more of a chance of your work being noticed rather than swept away in a deluge of uploads. We're one of the few sites with the sensible restriction Smile
You can however upload more to your profile and into blogs and the forums.

Makes perfect sense to me . Thanks for the info Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.