Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello everyone !

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Devon_Wild
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:32 AM

Earlier this week I ordered the ephotozine camera strap. The order was placed in the afternoon and arrived the very next morning, fantastic service, and the strap is great.
    So, this promted me to join ephotozine.
    Started taking pictures about 4 months ago with a panasonic fz38. After about six weeks I then bought a Nikon D90, which is all I use now. Also spending money like water on additional kit !!
    Expensive hobby this photograhy.Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2010 - 9:56 AM

Hi Robert, Well you have come to the right place, The best photographic site on the Web......Smile

Quote: Panasonic fz38. After about six weeks I then bought a Nikon D90, which is all I use now

Ah! You have been caught " Hook Line & Sinker " .....LOL.....Grin

Quote: Expensive hobby this photography

It does tend to drain the finances a tad, Go steady though, Stop short of re-mortgaging the house and you should survive...!!!

Main thing is to enjoy it, Bung a few images up to your portfolio, Learn a bit more, Have fun etc etc.

Your of to a flying start with the D90, Superb camera, Lots of stuff to read in the manual ( If your into manuals that is Sad )

Wink

Devon_Wild
    3 Sep 2010 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the kind comments vince, Infact, I've read more in the last few months than I have in years. But, at least when you buy a D90 you get a manual rather than a disk.

moiral
    moiral e2 Member 4moiral vcard Scotland
    3 Sep 2010 - 8:11 PM

Welcome to EPZ Robert. Like you, I am fairly new to photography. I too had the Panasonic FZ38, loved it. Decided I wanted a DSLR and bought Canon 450D. Like you say - all the other stuff that you want (note I did not say need Tongue). Have had to put a rein on myself, but now want money for birthday and christmas so I can get a macro lens. Grin Anway just wanted to say that in the few months here, I have found other members to be friendly and helpful. Moira

davetac
    davetac e2 Member 526 forum postsdavetac vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2010 - 2:17 AM

Ditto to all the above. I post to various sites but ephotozine seems the only one where people genuinely seem interested in other's work. I Started out years ago with film in various formats but found it expensive and frustrating probably like many others. Digital photography has certainly freed me to experiment and I believe that I have improved exponentially since converting. But you are certainly right about it being an expensive hobby. I started with a Canon EOS400D with kit lens. Within 6 months I'd purchased a Canon EF28-135mm IS HSM lens, a Canon 430EX flash, Interfit studio lighting kit, tripod, bag and various other gadgets.(Don't tell her indoors) I then exchanged the 400D for a 40D and added a Sigma 18-200mm super zoom and Sigma 10-20mm super wide zoom to my collection plus of course various filters etc. Somebody stop me.
    Mind you, it keeps me off the streets. Well not really. The latest project is street scenes so even they aren't safe any more.
    Dave

clicknimagine

welcome to EPZ, yes indeed the hobby is expensive, but you should not hurry purchasing kits...

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2010 - 12:36 PM

welcome-light.jpg

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2010 - 12:39 PM

See but you not only have bought in to the expense of being a Nikon user, but also an ePZ member - I think the tag line is "It starts with the strap!" Wink

Welcome, but watch out for them trying to sell you a t-shirt Grin

davetac
    davetac e2 Member 526 forum postsdavetac vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2010 - 1:07 PM

T-shirt????? They have T-shirts? How much are they? Where can I get one? Will I get better images when wearing one? Must have a T-shirt.........Help me, somebody stop me.
    Dave.

Devon_Wild
    5 Sep 2010 - 9:33 AM

Thank you all for welcoming me. Also the humour, which sharon (my better halfWink )
    along with myself find a pleasure to read.
    RobSmile

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2010 - 10:52 AM

Quote: Also the humour,

Ah! You foolish chappie! Grin

Welcome aboard (better half as well!) SmileSmileSmile

eniz001
    eniz001  4
    7 Sep 2010 - 1:57 AM

I hope I came to the best digital camera forums

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Sep 2010 - 2:06 AM

Quote: I hope I came to the best digital camera forums

I hope so too! biggrin-light.jpg

davetac
    7 Sep 2010 - 7:49 AM

Quote: I hope I came to the best digital camera forums.

You have but not the best proof readers:

Architecture - Open To European Entires!
    1st September 2010 - 30th September 2010

Enjoy.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Sep 2010 - 11:30 AM

Quote: Open To European Entires

Seems you are entirely right! Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.