Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello Everyone !

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Amusiclover
    26 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

I just joined this forum. Actually my very first forum anywhere! Am new to dSLRs, and have been extensively researching the camera system I want to get. Could not decide between the Nikon D7000 and the Pentax K5, but have settled for the Pentax K5 eventually. Now I need to find a camera place where I can physically hold this camera and get the feel for it. So far no one around here (in L.A.) seems to have it, at least from the few places I have called or visited.
    Is anyone in this forum familiar with the Pentax K5 and its lenses? Other than Pentax lenses, are there other manufacturers whose lenses fit Pentax dslrs?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    26 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Welcome to the site, and thanks for trying us first in your introduction to forums
    Both those two cameras are great choices. I'm a Pentax user but admire the Nikon and would happily use either. The K5 has had some incredible reviews, the sensor is well respected. Regarding lenses. Canon and Nikon are made by all the independents (Tokina, Tamron, Sigma) These there brands also make lenses with Pentax mounts but not the entire range just the more popular ones. The good thing with both Pentax and Nikon is you can use really old lenses (with limited functions) because the fundamental elements of the mount have been the same since its introduction. Unlike Canon which changed from mechanical FD to auto EF.

Briwooly
    Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
    26 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

You might find this useful in you research Pentax

Brian...................................................................

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.