Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hello from freezing Toronto

28 Feb 2008 1:24PM
Just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm an exiled Manc now living just outside Toronto (well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...however, today is -18c here and it's spring at home!). Took up photography seriously about a year ago and now starting to understand apertures, exposure etc.

Joined a small photo group a few months back, and I find that the competition helps me think about what I'm shooting and not just snap at anything that moves.

I've done one wedding and a couple of portrait shoots which have all been well received. I use an old faithful D70 (hoping for a D300 for my birthday!) but with a good range of lenses nothing too expensive but covering from 18mm up to 300mm. Ive also recently invested in some strobe lighting (Alien Bees) which has absolutely transformed my indoor portraits.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geniehawk 8 181 England
28 Feb 2008 1:49PM
Hi Chris, seeing as there seems to be no one around at the moment, Welcome to what some call the mad house. I can tell you the site is most adictive and can run away with time if you are not careful! You are brave to tackle a wedding and portraits, something I would never like to do. Enjoy your time here, looking forward to seeing your images.

Jeannie.
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
28 Feb 2008 5:31PM
Hi Chris, welcome to EPZ. Hope you have a very comfy chair by the computer, you'll most likely need it as all your spare time will now be spent here (plus some time that shouldn't be spare!!) Wink

Enjoy!
Fran x Smile
stevieb 10 3.0k 2 Panama
28 Feb 2008 5:41PM
Hi and welcome from a fellow Manc, and an ex-visitor to Toronto. Loved the place. Still can't get over Dinner at the top of that Tower! Smile Well recommended if you haven't done it already.

Steve
28 Feb 2008 7:27PM
Hi, I'm also exciled here in Toronto. And you're right, it's bleedin' freezing. The lake was actually steaming this morning, it's so cold.
ripleysalien 8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
29 Feb 2008 6:37AM
Welcome, I wish I was in Canada, but thats for another time.

Enjoy the time you spend here, its a good place to be.

Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.