Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello from freezing Toronto

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    goodfellow
    28 Feb 2008 - 1:24 PM

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm an exiled Manc now living just outside Toronto (well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...however, today is -18c here and it's spring at home!). Took up photography seriously about a year ago and now starting to understand apertures, exposure etc.

Joined a small photo group a few months back, and I find that the competition helps me think about what I'm shooting and not just snap at anything that moves.

I've done one wedding and a couple of portrait shoots which have all been well received. I use an old faithful D70 (hoping for a D300 for my birthday!) but with a good range of lenses nothing too expensive but covering from 18mm up to 300mm. Ive also recently invested in some strobe lighting (Alien Bees) which has absolutely transformed my indoor portraits.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Feb 2008 - 1:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geniehawk
    geniehawk  7181 forum posts England
    28 Feb 2008 - 1:49 PM

Hi Chris, seeing as there seems to be no one around at the moment, Welcome to what some call the mad house. I can tell you the site is most adictive and can run away with time if you are not careful! You are brave to tackle a wedding and portraits, something I would never like to do. Enjoy your time here, looking forward to seeing your images.

Jeannie.

MrsS
    MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2008 - 5:31 PM

Hi Chris, welcome to EPZ. Hope you have a very comfy chair by the computer, you'll most likely need it as all your spare time will now be spent here (plus some time that shouldn't be spare!!) Wink

Enjoy!
    Fran x Smile

stevieb
    stevieb  102994 forum posts Panama2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2008 - 5:41 PM

Hi and welcome from a fellow Manc, and an ex-visitor to Toronto. Loved the place. Still can't get over Dinner at the top of that Tower! Smile Well recommended if you haven't done it already.

Steve

themoabird
    themoabird e2 Member 7themoabird vcard Canada
    28 Feb 2008 - 7:27 PM

Hi, I'm also exciled here in Toronto. And you're right, it's bleedin' freezing. The lake was actually steaming this morning, it's so cold.

ripleysalien
    29 Feb 2008 - 6:37 AM

Welcome, I wish I was in Canada, but thats for another time.

Enjoy the time you spend here, its a good place to be.

Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.