Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AvAngelAvA
    22 Mar 2010 - 3:28 AM

Hi, my name is Angela Smile I am currently a freshman at a state university majoring in Psychology. It has been okay, but just isn't what I'm looking for right now. So, I'm changing gears. After finishing this semester (my second) I plan to enroll in an online photography program. My two favorites right now are The Photography Institute and the Institute of Professional Photography, both offer diplomas. I've also looked at other online universities, any recommendations? Anyways, I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of my life, and although psychology is interesting to me, photography is my true passion.

As far as my equipment and experience level go, I took a Black and White Photography class at my local high school with my father's old film camera. I enjoyed the class very much and although I had always loved photography since I was young, that class gave me confidence that I could truly excel in the field. Since then I have purchased a Nikon D40, with the standard 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. I have also taken every Adobe class my high school offers, from Illustrator to InDesign to, of course, Photoshop. I've already done some work with family and friends (no commission, I'm really just looking for as much experience and exposure as I can get right now) including photos for wedding slideshows and high school senior portraits.

This is getting pretty long so I'll just leave it at that for now, thanks very much guys, I'm so glad I've found this site and I look forward to developing some professional relationships and learning as much as I can about the ins and outs of photography.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Mar 2010 - 3:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2010 - 6:33 AM

Hello Angela and, welcome to the community. There are lots of helpful people on this site who will be happy to help and listen. You seem very enuthsiastic and I look forward to seeing your photo's and forum comments.
    Adam

AnthonyM
    AnthonyM  9388 forum posts United States2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hello from Virgina USA, previously from Milwaukee Wisconsin.
    You've come to a great site.

AvAngelAvA
    22 Mar 2010 - 7:55 PM

Thank you, Toonman and AnthonyM! I'm glad to be here and plan to start posting photos asap Wink

stephenscott
    22 Mar 2010 - 9:47 PM

Hi Angela welcome to epz.I did a course with the Photography Institute and find it very ueful and i only finished it 2 months ago,but yesss i got my diploma from them.I use the same camera as you and have the 18-55mm/55-200mm and a 18-135mm lens.I also use many filters for my photos,I currently work as a freelance phtographer only part time for a local newspaper.Look foward to more of your images,uve joined the rite site for help..

Good Luck!!

Steve..Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.