Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin!

22 Mar 2010 3:28AM
Hi, my name is Angela Smile I am currently a freshman at a state university majoring in Psychology. It has been okay, but just isn't what I'm looking for right now. So, I'm changing gears. After finishing this semester (my second) I plan to enroll in an online photography program. My two favorites right now are The Photography Institute and the Institute of Professional Photography, both offer diplomas. I've also looked at other online universities, any recommendations? Anyways, I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of my life, and although psychology is interesting to me, photography is my true passion.

As far as my equipment and experience level go, I took a Black and White Photography class at my local high school with my father's old film camera. I enjoyed the class very much and although I had always loved photography since I was young, that class gave me confidence that I could truly excel in the field. Since then I have purchased a Nikon D40, with the standard 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. I have also taken every Adobe class my high school offers, from Illustrator to InDesign to, of course, Photoshop. I've already done some work with family and friends (no commission, I'm really just looking for as much experience and exposure as I can get right now) including photos for wedding slideshows and high school senior portraits.

This is getting pretty long so I'll just leave it at that for now, thanks very much guys, I'm so glad I've found this site and I look forward to developing some professional relationships and learning as much as I can about the ins and outs of photography.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman 7 1.4k 2 England
22 Mar 2010 6:33AM
Hello Angela and, welcome to the community. There are lots of helpful people on this site who will be happy to help and listen. You seem very enuthsiastic and I look forward to seeing your photo's and forum comments.
Adam
AnthonyM 9 388 2 United States
22 Mar 2010 10:06AM
Hello from Virgina USA, previously from Milwaukee Wisconsin.
You've come to a great site.
22 Mar 2010 7:55PM
Thank you, Toonman and AnthonyM! I'm glad to be here and plan to start posting photos asap Wink
stephenscott 5 8 2 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2010 9:47PM
Hi Angela welcome to epz.I did a course with the Photography Institute and find it very ueful and i only finished it 2 months ago,but yesss i got my diploma from them.I use the same camera as you and have the 18-55mm/55-200mm and a 18-135mm lens.I also use many filters for my photos,I currently work as a freelance phtographer only part time for a local newspaper.Look foward to more of your images,uve joined the rite site for help..

Good Luck!!

Steve..Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.