Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hello from Kent

Bevy e2
2 13 England
29 Sep 2012 8:05PM
I've been watching the site since my husband joined and enjoy the interaction between the members, especially the comments and critique on each others images, which I think is incredibly helpful. I have been persuaded to open my own account as we both started photography together just over a year ago, and have totally different styles and taste, although I belong to a camera club, i'd like to interact more on a wider scale and hopefully improve.

I have a love hate relationship with my DSLR and although I know it/I, can produce great images, I struggle remembering everything and get frustrated when it does not do what I want. I can feel your eyes rolling but as you will see from my image details (if you were to look) I revert back to my trusty point and shoot like an old comfort blanket, but I will persevere and hopefully get some encouragement on here to try that bit harder with it Smile

I dont have much up yet, I will go through my images and put more on soon, but I really welcome critique good or bad, and look forward to seeing all of yours and interacting on the site more.

Bevy Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 8:35PM
firstly Bevy welcome to EPZ ! what i would do is write everything in a note book ie your setting you used then when you get a shot you like you can refer back to your notebook and see just how you achieved it ! but most of all enjoy yourself !! keep snapping and in time with patience and perseverance you 'll get there
Bevy e2
2 13 England
29 Sep 2012 10:00PM
I make notes on things that are new for me, like at work etc, I don't know why I dont do the same with photography! thank you Sparrowhawk, I will give it a go Smile
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 11:17PM
Welcome to epz'rs Bevy (did you know 'up North' Bevy means beer?) TongueWink

Ultimately it's the photographer who takes te image, the camera s just a tool. Use whatever you comfortable with. That said you dslr is likely to be worth persevering with if you are serious about it - what specifically is troubling you? Perhaps start a new thread with any specific issues - there is usually someone on here who can advise.

Finally. It sounds like you are beating yourself up when it doesn't go right - its worth rembering that this is suppossed to be a fun hobby. I still have bad days with my camera, and if I go out landscaping I am usually happy if I get one image I'm really happy with on an evenings shoot.

Have fun.
Bevy e2
2 13 England
29 Sep 2012 11:38PM
Thank you Sherlob, and yes, a Bevy is a beer down here too, and as a publicans daughter I heard all the jokes Wink lol

I do enjoy it, which is why I'm here Smile
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 9:06AM
forgot toadd Bevy don't try to understand all the fuctions at once ! try adding them slowly one at a time and you'll soon know what it does inside out and back to front but like Sherlob says don't beat yourself up ! its a hobby that you like so enjoy it and if some of your shots don't work it doesn't matter
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 12:56PM
Just re-read my post. Looks like typing with the iPad has led to me dropping letters off some of my words again. Sorry for any confusion.
phil1963 e2
2 265 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 2:25PM
Hi and welcome BevySmile
Techno e2
6 1.0k 8 England
30 Sep 2012 3:07PM
WinkWelcome Bevy to all that is EPZ, I have just had a quick look at your pf, frankly you have the one commodity that many prospective photographers on here wished they had...An eye for a photograph, priceless, the rest will fall into place as time and experience takes its natural course.Wink
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 3:26PM
welcome to epz. nice start with your pf, as a matter of interest who is your other half, be nice to see his work too

Phil
30 Sep 2012 4:45PM
Hi Bevy. You certainly have a good eye for a shot. You seem to be using a multiplicity of cameras / phone. Of course it will be difficult remembering how they all work. Use one, and stick to it. It will then be 4 or 5 times easier.
Bevy e2
2 13 England
30 Sep 2012 5:06PM

Quote:Welcome to epz. nice start with your pf, as a matter of interest who is your other half, be nice to see his work too

Phil

Thank you Grin

My husband is Baden, you should find him under that ok Grin
Bevy e2
2 13 England
30 Sep 2012 5:11PM

Quote:Hi Bevy. You certainly have a good eye for a shot. You seem to be using a multiplicity of cameras / phone. Of course it will be difficult remembering how they all work. Use one, and stick to it. It will then be 4 or 5 times easier.

Thank you, thats very kind. Yes, a combination of either of my point shoots (which ever come to hand first) or my 350D and if all else fails, one of the cameras on my two mobile phones lol Its the 350D I find hard, probably because its too easy to reach for any of the other alternatives and just click. Maybe I should hide them all lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.