Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello from Lincolnshire.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ploughman
    Ploughman  128 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Oct 2012 - 3:19 PM

Hello everyone,
    This seems like a superb photo site and I am looking forward to contributing every now and then.
    I have been taking pictures for around 55 years and the pleasure never goes away. Started with a Kodak 127 Brownie that was a birthday present from mum and dad. Later I graduated to a Voigtlander Vitoret that I still have, and use occasionally. Next move was to a Minolta X300, again I still have it, then through the range - X500 - second hand XD7 and finally Minolta 600si classic.
    The move to digital came on Friday 13th July 2007 with the purchase of a Pentax K100d, then a K20d and just recently a K5. I always buy cameras at the end of their production run, a, because they are cheaper and, b, all the bugs should be sorted.

Regards, Ploughman

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Oct 2012 - 3:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Oct 2012 - 3:26 PM

Welcome to the site Ploughman
    We're just up the road in Nottinghamshire. There are many on the site who've gone through a similar photography path. Interesting that you were keen Minolta through film and then changed to Pentax digital. Did the Minolta/Sony options not fulfil your needs? I'm a Pentax user too, although I'm using the Olympus OM-D more at the moment. The K-5 is a wonderful piece of kit!

Last Modified By Pete at 31 Oct 2012 - 3:27 PM
    Ploughman
    31 Oct 2012 - 6:16 PM

Hi Pete,
    thanks for your welcome and help.
    Yes, I was very happy with Minolta, in particular the XD7, the best ever film slr. It was used as the base machine for the Leica R4, but after that Minolta went down in my opinion. I did go for the 600si Classic which was also a superb machine, but by then Minolta had changed the flash mount to that stupid narrow device and when the time came to go digital the Pentax K100d hit the right notes for me. So far I have no regrets.

Ploughman

Briwooly
    Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 10:56 AM

Welcome Richard look forward to seeing a few pics I live in north Lincolnshire up towards Scunthorpe in the Isle of Axholme so enjoy the mad house

Brian....................

Ploughman
    4 Nov 2012 - 3:58 PM

Thank you Brian. Every now and then I get up to Grimsby but, I`ve never been to Scunthorpe.

Ploughman

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.