Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hello from RevdDerek

RevdDerek 5 1 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2010 5:36PM
Hi - just joined ePhotozine - a retired Anglican priest living in Leeds UK. Photography has been part of my life for many years but only the last three years at Club level where I discovered a whole new standard. Most of my work is taken with a digital SLR (Canon 40D) but I use a Panasonic Lumix LX3 as well. The thought of landscape work attracts me but since I cannot drive (and therefore get to stunning places in the early morning!) I do more general work but am trying my hand at portraiture. Macro attracts me too but so far I have not achieved much that I would want to display to a wider audience. Apart from photography I enjoy reading novels and (especially modern political) history, dipping into the art world, walking and theatre. I would also like to discover how other people find time to follow up all they want to do . . . . Comments on any photos I put up on ephotozine will be welcome and critical comments (constructive please) will cause no offence.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
21 Feb 2010 6:03PM
Welcome.
You will enjoy this place.
I don't know any priest, so you are the first...Smile
RevdDerek 5 1 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2010 6:19PM
Thanks for the welcome1 A friend warmly recommended the site and I am sure it will be enjoyable. By the way, we priests are a varied set of men and women and I don't think anything I could say about being a priest would be true of more than a few of us - it just seems best to be upfront about it. Had a quick look at your gallery and very much liked what I saw. Perhaps later I will have a longer and closer visit. Derek.
danbrann Plus
10 512 15
21 Feb 2010 6:23PM
Welcome to the Site and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. If there is a technical aspect you are not sure about the forms are a great place to visit. There are some very clever and knowledgeable people read them and most of them are willing to help.
Danbrann
blackbird 8 159 15 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2010 6:24PM

Quote:I would also like to discover how other people find time to follow up all they want to do . . .

well I find time by neglecting the tasks that some other people spend inordinate amounts of time doing!! ...... like ironing for example Wink

welcome to epz - it's good here Grin
colmar 7 42 35 Scotland
21 Feb 2010 7:04PM
Welcome to epz, be prepared to become addicted and to find many new friends ! The level of knowledge both in the forums and the tutorials are superb and you will always get an answer !

Enjoy

Colin
Pete Plus
13 18.7k 96 England
21 Feb 2010 7:17PM
Welcome to ePHOTOzine Derek,. good to see you getting stuck straight into the gallery and forums. The more active you are the more enjoyable it becomes. The LX3's a cracking little camera. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
oneill 7 155 Ireland
21 Feb 2010 10:41PM
cead mile failte, rev derek you will love this site,, pat Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.