Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hello from RevdDerek

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    RevdDerek
    RevdDerek  4 United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2010 - 5:36 PM

Hi - just joined ePhotozine - a retired Anglican priest living in Leeds UK. Photography has been part of my life for many years but only the last three years at Club level where I discovered a whole new standard. Most of my work is taken with a digital SLR (Canon 40D) but I use a Panasonic Lumix LX3 as well. The thought of landscape work attracts me but since I cannot drive (and therefore get to stunning places in the early morning!) I do more general work but am trying my hand at portraiture. Macro attracts me too but so far I have not achieved much that I would want to display to a wider audience. Apart from photography I enjoy reading novels and (especially modern political) history, dipping into the art world, walking and theatre. I would also like to discover how other people find time to follow up all they want to do . . . . Comments on any photos I put up on ephotozine will be welcome and critical comments (constructive please) will cause no offence.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Feb 2010 - 5:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 6:03 PM

Welcome.
    You will enjoy this place.
    I don't know any priest, so you are the first...Smile

RevdDerek
    RevdDerek  4 United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2010 - 6:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome1 A friend warmly recommended the site and I am sure it will be enjoyable. By the way, we priests are a varied set of men and women and I don't think anything I could say about being a priest would be true of more than a few of us - it just seems best to be upfront about it. Had a quick look at your gallery and very much liked what I saw. Perhaps later I will have a longer and closer visit. Derek.

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 10473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 6:23 PM

Welcome to the Site and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. If there is a technical aspect you are not sure about the forms are a great place to visit. There are some very clever and knowledgeable people read them and most of them are willing to help.
    Danbrann

blackbird
    blackbird  7159 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 6:24 PM

Quote: I would also like to discover how other people find time to follow up all they want to do . . .

well I find time by neglecting the tasks that some other people spend inordinate amounts of time doing!! ...... like ironing for example Wink

welcome to epz - it's good here Grin

colmar
    colmar  742 forum posts Scotland35 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 7:04 PM

Welcome to epz, be prepared to become addicted and to find many new friends ! The level of knowledge both in the forums and the tutorials are superb and you will always get an answer !

Enjoy

Colin

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 7:17 PM

Welcome to ePHOTOzine Derek,. good to see you getting stuck straight into the gallery and forums. The more active you are the more enjoyable it becomes. The LX3's a cracking little camera. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

oneill
    oneill  6155 forum posts Ireland
    21 Feb 2010 - 10:41 PM

cead mile failte, rev derek you will love this site,, pat Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.