Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hello From Solihull

25 Sep 2012 2:18PM
Hi - I have enjoyed photography form when I was in my teens but not progressed much further than reasonable with the occasional quite good. I am still trying.

One reason for joining is that I have a large quantity of 'Creative Magazine' editions which I would dearly like to find a good home for. Please Note: I want no payment for these but if I can find no-one who is interested they may ave to go for re-cycling which would be a shame.

I pray I have not transgressed but clearing my study has become a priority.

Regards

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Sep 2012 2:23PM
Welcome to ePHOTOzine and what a start offering free magazine to someone Smile Is the one from the 80s with really good portfolios etc? Are you a member of the Solihull Photographic society?
25 Sep 2012 3:18PM
Hi Peter and thank you. I will have to find the list that I made out some years ago listing which I had but it consists of a pile around 4 - 5 inches deep. I also have some 'Minolta Mirror' magazines that I would like to pass on as well. For info the dates run from 1970 to 1985. There are gaps with some years poorer than others,

I once went to a meeting of the Knowle Photographic Society and was slightly in awe - especially of the couple who turned up in matching attire, including photographers Gilets complete with accessories in the pockets. The humble Minolta X700 I had then would have looked slightly out of place. I have not summoned up the confidence since.

Bayden
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2012 4:16PM
Hi Bayden, welcome to ePz. i bet there are some who will appreciate the magazine - perhaps local photo clubs - there are directories of these on ephotozine.
Keep trying - I took a 20+ year break and an trying again, i'm bitten by the bug bad this time Wink

I look forward to some uploads too, i bet you know a thing or too.

Cheers,
Stuart
Stillbase 3 63 Wales
25 Sep 2012 4:18PM
One thing I have found over the years is that, in photography as in life, never, ever be intimidated by what others have, whether it be their gear, their clothes or their attitudes. It doesn't mean they are any good or produce photographs with the "wow" factor, it just makes it look as if they are.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Sep 2012 4:23PM

Quote:I once went to a meeting of the Knowle Photographic Society and was slightly in awe - especially of the couple who turned up in matching attire, including photographers Gilets complete with accessories in the pockets.

Lol that's a scary picture
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
25 Sep 2012 4:29PM

Quote:Lol that's a scary picture

My mother used to live in Knowle. Definitely a scary place. Grin
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2012 5:48PM
Hi Bayden, no need to be worried on here, everyone is on an equal footing, whether you're a complete novice or a full time professional like myself. Hope you enjoy your time on EPZ.
Stephen
28 Sep 2012 12:12AM
Welcome, from another Silhillian .......

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.