Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help me find Pixela software

Hammerite 2 1
20 Nov 2012 6:31AM
Hi, A while ago I bought a small canon camcorder. I,ve been happily recording my grandsons first year onto the inbuilt memory. Now its full and I want to get it off to the computer I find I need the use the Pixela software that came with it. I,ve turned the house upside down looking for it without any luck. I've tried the canon site but no good there. I'm pulling my hair out .Cant even seem to buy it anywhere.Any suggestions ?
Richard

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
20 Nov 2012 7:35AM
Can't you either take the memory card out of the camcorder and use a card reader or, alternatively, connect the camcorder to your PC with a simple USB cable and transfer the files in Windows Explorer?
MacroMeister 2 62 4 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 9:15AM
You should be able to connect it to your PC as leftforum said, and see it as an external storage unit (just like a disk shows). Then copy the files.
20 Nov 2012 9:17AM
Is this what you need? PIXELA for Canon
Hammerite 2 1
21 Nov 2012 6:19AM
Thanks for your suggestions , have tried just plugging it in without a card in it but nothing happens ,it just freezes up. The softwareI cant find is called a transfer utility. I had already found the Pixela site but I,m pretty sure they're just updates
Rich
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
21 Nov 2012 6:25AM
Canon does the same thing with DPP. If you don't get the CD, which comes with their cameras, you're out of luck.
21 Nov 2012 7:39AM

Quote:Thanks for your suggestions , have tried just plugging it in without a card in it but nothing happens ,it just freezes up. The softwareI cant find is called a transfer utility. I had already found the Pixela site but I,m pretty sure they're just updates
Rich

That link I gave you says it's for the transfer utility for the video browser. It doesn't say it's just updates. It implies it's the whole product. LINK You could call them? CONTACT
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 10:31AM
I think StrayCat is right. The Canon updates are often the full program but before installation the software checks the registry to make sure you've previously installed from a legit CD and you have a licence to use the software. As you can't find your original CD you can use a registry hack to persuade the Canon updater that you are indeed a customer and do own one of their cameras.

The interesting thing is that they don't provide Pixela software for the Mac and tell Mac users they will have to use iMovie or third-party software to transfer the pictures.

That suggests that someone competent with a computer would be able to transfer the pictures using Windows explorer without using the likes of a transfer wizard.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 10:38AM
Have you tried this third party solution? It seems to have worked for this guy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.