Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help - how can I recover deleted files on Microdrive?!

mipettin 10 884 2 Scotland
26 Jul 2005 1:36PM
-
All

I bought a 2.2 gB Microdrive for my hols and in the evenings often reviewed images using my PocketPC. Some images were deleted - due to being out of focus or poorly composed.

One evening I deleted one image only to discover I'd lost the subsequent 5 including 2 I was very pleased with - grr. Now since I have come back I have not formatted the card.

Hence is there any software that can recover deleted files? I only used up about 1.2 gB of the card. Files were only deleted in camera or on my PocketPC

Martin
-

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
26 Jul 2005 1:54PM
Drive Rescue may be able to do it if you can access the card as a drive through a card reader.

HTH
Chris
JEFFERIES 9 57
26 Jul 2005 2:25PM
Or sandisk rescuepro,

I have a full working copy that i could email you

Luke
26 Jul 2005 2:42PM
-
Luke

My e-mail is martinpettinger@o2.co.uk

Cheers

Martin
-
27 Jul 2005 12:19AM
-
Chris

Thanks for the link to "Drive Rescue" - it couldn't recover the files I wanted but these were taken early in my holiday and there were numerous deletions either in camera or on my PocketPC subsequent to accidentally deleting the two files I am looking to recover. I did successfully recover some files as a test that I deleted in camera at the weekend - so I have learnt something useful. Hopefully Luke will forward a working copy of rescuepro to see if that is able to reconstruct the deleted files. Although "Drive Rescue" could recover the files I couldn't open due to unexpected errors in the jpg.

Cheers

Martin
-
AngelaR 10 155 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2005 5:15AM
100% relieved I remembered reading this link as I managed to delete whole card of holiday pics this morning. The Drive Rescue worked a treat - thumbnails of all (about 6 won't open fully) - thanks a million.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.