Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help - Resolution

kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 6:48PM
Hi guys. I'm trying to do a photobook but on the pictures i've chosen it comes up " resolution too low and not suitable"
What do i do to change this?

Kathryn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 6:51PM
you cant change it , it is warning you that the file sizes are not good enough to be printed , are they off a phone or a very low quality camera ?
11 Jan 2012 6:57PM
Some of i phone and some off my cameras but obviously made smaller to put on here or send in emails.
Kathryn
Billlee 8 5.5k England
11 Jan 2012 7:01PM

Quote:Some of i phone and some off my cameras but obviously made smaller to put on here or send in emails.
Kathryn

When you 'made them smaller' did you save the original files? If so those can be used after suitable post processing.
11 Jan 2012 7:07PM
I just clicked save as the original so have no copies Sad
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
11 Jan 2012 9:57PM

Quote:I just clicked save as the original so have no copies Sad

Whoops Sad Not still got them on your memory card?
AndyMurdo 8 33 6 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2012 10:00PM
Next time you adjust an image in your editing softwear make sure you click "Save As" and give your modified files a suffix (this should happen automatically if you are using Adobe Elements etcWink as this will turn your edits in to copies and leave your originals intact. It is also a good idea to back up your original files away from your main PC, on an external Harddrive or burn to disc or better still both mediums, just so you have copies to hand when things go wrong.
KeithOT 8 10 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 11:53AM
I've had this happen with Truprint calendars when I used a heavily cropped picture but they allow you to use the picture the results on the calendar were fine not an exhibition print obviously but good enough for a calendar picture.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.