Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help, I need info on a sun diffuser

Vodka 7 58
11 Jul 2010 7:32PM
Hi, I'm not exactly sure of the name for a harsh sun diffuser / translucent fabric. I have a small one on my multi reflector but would like a larger one about the size of the background in this picture at W/Exp
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-lastolite-tri-flector-2-translucent-panels-only/p12387

What is the correct terminology for it?
Would a bedsheet be just as good if I made the pvc poles etc?
Any websites that explain this as diy job?

It would be used for weddings etc

tnx for any help on this
Vodka

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
11 Jul 2010 8:01PM
I think what your looking for may have to be home made or improvised.

Have a look at this guys web page.....!!!

They use similar huge diffusers when shooting movies, But they also have a crew on hand to erect or direct them.

At a wedding its going to prove a tad impractical at the very least.....Sad

Normally one would position the subjects in the shade, Then maybe add a touch of fill flash, Each location is dealt with as it comes.....Grin

Whatever have fun.....Wink
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
11 Jul 2010 8:13PM
One of these

and

One of these

should do the trick basically.
They also do a stand and support bars for this system, as well as reflective panels etc.
I bought a set with silver and white reflective panel for a very reasonable amount.
All you need to do is send a message via ebay stating your offer, and as long as your offer is reasoble, they should accept it.
The quality is good, and compared to the California Sunbounce/sunmover system, this is a real bargain.
Hope this helps.
Vodka 7 58
11 Jul 2010 8:52PM
Hey guys thanks, they are helpful. They seem to have different names depending on the brand or company that sell them, that was confusing me.

I'm assuming that I'll get a couple of helpers to hold it at a wedding. I usaully bypass Calumet as they are so dear, but that sounds promising.
Much Obliged again

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.