Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help a newb choose a camera!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314911 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2013 - 11:40 PM

Quote: I`m finding that the high grade M4/3 lenses often workout costing a lot less than the high grade lenses from larger systems

Samples of cost saving.

Canon

Panasonic

And the weight and bulk saving is pretty big as well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2013 - 11:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314911 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 6:56 AM

Seriously worth a look is this EP3 with kit lens, a real bargain at 299, I feel a bit tempted myself Smile

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olympus-E-P3-and-14-42mm-Camera-in-Black--Boxed_6...

In some respects I`d say it was a better camera than the G3, the only advantage the G3 has going for it is a built in viewfinder, and this hasn`t changed since the G2, its smudgy, and its grainy in low light.

The other advantages are the wireless flash support(largely not supported by Panasonic) and Inbody IS, again not supported by Panasonic.

If your going to want to use IS and get a G3, your lens choice will be limited.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/olympus-pen-e-p3-mirrorless-review-16857#buy_n...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 8 Feb 2013 - 7:01 AM
Steppenwolf
8 Feb 2013 - 11:20 AM

Quote: In some respects I`d say it was a better camera than the G3, the only advantage the G3 has going for it is a built in viewfinder

Yes, that's all Wink

User_Removed
8 Feb 2013 - 11:47 AM

Quote: The slr is the way to go Imho

Theres a Mint Canon 550d with a 16gb and spare battery going in the classifieds at the moment, and you can get a kit lens (18-55mm) from MPB Photographic for peanuts.

Totally agree, get a budget Canon budget DSLR, a lifetime of amazing lenses to discover.

Some of the earlier posters will still be arguing the toss about phase detection or whatever cos that's their hobby, yours is taking pictures, go out and enjoy Smile

ChrisV
ChrisV  7725 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 3:20 PM

You know what they say about people who only ever recommend one supplier?

That's right - you can always rely on them. To recommend one supplier.

Paul Morgan
8 Feb 2013 - 6:12 PM

Quote: Some of the earlier posters will still be arguing the toss about phase detection or whatever cos that's their hobby, yours is taking pictures, go out and enjoy

If it wasn`t for taking pictures none of us would be here Smile

dandeakin
dandeakin  6198 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 2:18 AM

If you choose to go for a CSC there's a full selection of NX cameras and lenses, including an NX1000 in the classifieds at the momentSmile

Last Modified By dandeakin at 17 Feb 2013 - 2:19 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.