Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help a newb choose a camera!

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
7 Feb 2013 11:40PM

Quote:I`m finding that the high grade M4/3 lenses often workout costing a lot less than the high grade lenses from larger systems

Samples of cost saving.

Canon

Panasonic

And the weight and bulk saving is pretty big as well.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Feb 2013 6:56AM
Seriously worth a look is this EP3 with kit lens, a real bargain at 299, I feel a bit tempted myself Smile

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olympus-E-P3-and-14-42mm-Camera-in-Black--Boxed_68090.html

In some respects I`d say it was a better camera than the G3, the only advantage the G3 has going for it is a built in viewfinder, and this hasn`t changed since the G2, its smudgy, and its grainy in low light.

The other advantages are the wireless flash support(largely not supported by Panasonic) and Inbody IS, again not supported by Panasonic.

If your going to want to use IS and get a G3, your lens choice will be limited.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/olympus-pen-e-p3-mirrorless-review-16857#buy_now
8 Feb 2013 11:20AM

Quote:In some respects I`d say it was a better camera than the G3, the only advantage the G3 has going for it is a built in viewfinder

Yes, that's all Wink
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 11:47AM

Quote:The slr is the way to go Imho

Theres a Mint Canon 550d with a 16gb and spare battery going in the classifieds at the moment, and you can get a kit lens (18-55mm) from MPB Photographic for peanuts.

Totally agree, get a budget Canon budget DSLR, a lifetime of amazing lenses to discover.

Some of the earlier posters will still be arguing the toss about phase detection or whatever cos that's their hobby, yours is taking pictures, go out and enjoy Smile
ChrisV e2
8 889 26 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 3:20PM
You know what they say about people who only ever recommend one supplier?

That's right - you can always rely on them. To recommend one supplier.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Feb 2013 6:12PM

Quote:Some of the earlier posters will still be arguing the toss about phase detection or whatever cos that's their hobby, yours is taking pictures, go out and enjoy

If it wasn`t for taking pictures none of us would be here Smile
dandeakin e2
7 207 3 England
17 Feb 2013 2:18AM
If you choose to go for a CSC there's a full selection of NX cameras and lenses, including an NX1000 in the classifieds at the momentSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.