Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 2

Help Beta Test "v6" Homepage and Directories

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

RichardN00
18 Feb 2014 - 5:38 PM

Looks good on both my laptop and Nexus 7 tablet, I would have like to be able to swipe between images in the gallery, rather than still have to click the arrows (I'm lazy) Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Feb 2014 - 5:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315604 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 - 6:21 PM

On Windows using Chrome, if I make the window wide enough for the search bar to get an edit control as well as a button, it drops below the title bar and floats over whatever is on the main screen area.

Big Bri
18 Feb 2014 - 6:21 PM

Oh, and if I make it REALLY wide, it pops back up to the top Smile

Big Bri
18 Feb 2014 - 6:22 PM

Sorry, I just noticed that I should have "created a report" Smile

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72393 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 - 7:42 PM

Quote: Thanks, David, that's far more legible - in fact I think it's actually slightly more so than the live site, is it a couple of points or so larger?

The new style does use a larger font but also a different font as well as line spacing. We thought of going with the same font as the live site, but decided that the new font is more legible and provides a more modern feel.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 18 Feb 2014 - 7:49 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72393 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 - 7:43 PM

Quote: On Windows using Chrome, if I make the window wide enough for the search bar to get an edit control as well as a button, it drops below the title bar and floats over whatever is on the main screen area.

A screenshot would be handy

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41066 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 8:09 PM

Using it on my iPad at the moment and initial impression is good. I do like the menu bar being visible all the time. Being able to 'swipe' through the images would be a definite improvement on the iPad.

davidburleson
18 Feb 2014 - 8:17 PM

You never know what may come in the near future... we plan to make the gallery a much more visual experience. After all, its about the photographs.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 18 Feb 2014 - 8:59 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 8:21 PM

What do you mean about the menu bar being visible. it's always been visible, unless there's another one I've not noticed. Entirely possible in my case. Blush

Trev_B
Trev_B e2 Member 7110 forum postsTrev_B vcard England64 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 8:28 PM

Within the first few moments of using the Beta it felt better, more modern and smother. I know thats only a snapshot but my gut feeling was good.

Well done code writersWink

Trev

davidburleson
18 Feb 2014 - 9:01 PM

Quote: What do you mean about the menu bar being visible. it's always been visible, unless there's another one I've not noticed. Entirely possible in my case. Blush

The others are referring to how to menu sticks to the top of the window on the new homepage and directories area, making it easier to jump to other parts of the site without needing to go all the way back to the top of the page.

Quote: Within the first few moments of using the Beta it felt better, more modern and smother. I know thats only a snapshot but my gut feeling was good.

That's the impression we want to give.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 9:07 PM

O yeah. Got it now. That's an improvement. Smile

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84308 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 9:19 PM

I like the new version too - having the tool bar at the top saves a lot of scrolling! Everything looks good so far! Smile

Jestertheclown
18 Feb 2014 - 9:50 PM

Looks OK, I suppose.
It's very much a "Windows 8 - latest MS interface" kind of thing. Reminds me of the new version of "Skydrive."
You'll need to make the type much larger and/or clearer in the forums if we're to avoid premature blindness or, as is infinitely more likely, they'll attract even fewer users than they do now.
Sadly, we're still lumbered with ads. all over the place.
I've just looked using IE (no Adblock) and it looks dreadful with them all vying for attention and taking up 1/3 of the page.
I shall be interested to see what's going to happen to the galleries.

Big Bri
18 Feb 2014 - 9:50 PM

Screenshot. Only seems to happen when logged in.

3-untitled-1.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.