Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help Beta Test "v6" Homepage and Directories

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 9:53PM
Happens on IE11 as well

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
18 Feb 2014 10:11PM
Seems to work OK on Firefox (Win Vista), but lots of blank space, spaces between and within entries :
i.e. when looking a Forums / Recent Activity can see the first 5 threads on the old version but only 3 on the new. The posts are are spread out meaning more scrolling, can see less on a screenfull....no big deal, but I find it a bit too of sparse and not as pleasant to read (will get used to it perhaps?)
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Feb 2014 10:17PM

Quote:Seems to work OK on Firefox (Win Vista), but lots of blank space, spaces between and within entries :
i.e. when looking a Forums / Recent Activity can see the first 5 threads on the old version but only 3 on the new. The posts are are spread out meaning more scrolling, can see less on a screenfull....no big deal, but I find it a bit too of sparse and not as pleasant to read (will get used to it perhaps?)

Just what I thought Pete.
18 Feb 2014 10:17PM
Wow everything looks...bigger....and keeping the thingy bar at the top is cool...not clever enough to register other changes so I'll shut up...
(like it so far...Smile )
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
19 Feb 2014 7:16AM
I came straight onto the 'v6' version this morning - I think I prefer it over the 'old' format! Smile
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
19 Feb 2014 11:41AM
Like it. Much crisper & cleaner. Fonts easier to read.
I checked some of the photos in my PF.
They seem to be bigger & sharper than before. Starts to show up the flaws more. Sad
Looks very smart.

Could we possibly change the order of our albums in this new V6?

In Reportage/Documentary for example, we have the possibility to change the order of the photos before we upload. Why can't we have the same type of system for putting the albums in the order we want?
JHFoto5 1 35 England
19 Feb 2014 2:59PM
Seems OK
nass 4 3 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2014 3:14PM
Looks very much like I'd expect a mobile-friendly 2014 site to look, boxy, clean, fluid. Fonts are fine, CSS fine. There are a lot of file calls though and maybe you should combine some of the scripting for speed. Have a look at the google and yahoo pagespeed things and have a look at compression. With 3 revolving things above the fold it's a bit busy but that's just me. To be honest it's not a page I would bookmark because there's so much marketing on it, be it from advertisers or from ephotozine itself trying to get more page impressions. Am I right in thinking that the directory listings are paid? Might want to be careful with too much emphasis on that unless they're nofollow. the big -G- isn't a huge fan of this these days. Good work though, very clean Smile
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
19 Feb 2014 3:24PM
I like it a lot, no, I love it!!! Bigger is better.....apparently Blush

That is all!!!

Andy
geffers7 e2
4 37 1 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2014 3:54PM
Like the new style - crisp and clean is best way I could describe it.

Geoff
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
19 Feb 2014 4:07PM
Only viewing re computer monitor. Had a thorough look around - Very neat and tidy layout especially the clean PF photo and comments pages.
ade123 e2
2 206 1 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2014 6:19PM
Looks good on my iPad and MacBook Pro.
A really nice user friendly layout
teocali e2
6 261 18 England
19 Feb 2014 6:29PM
Very clear, inviting and intuitive layout. Excellent on iPad, Macbook Pro and Windows monitor Smile
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
19 Feb 2014 7:52PM
Looks good on my HTC One Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.