Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 2

Help Beta Test "v6" Homepage and Directories

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315560 forum posts England
18 Feb 2014 - 9:53 PM

Happens on IE11 as well

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Feb 2014 - 9:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petebfrance
18 Feb 2014 - 10:11 PM

Seems to work OK on Firefox (Win Vista), but lots of blank space, spaces between and within entries :
i.e. when looking a Forums / Recent Activity can see the first 5 threads on the old version but only 3 on the new. The posts are are spread out meaning more scrolling, can see less on a screenfull....no big deal, but I find it a bit too of sparse and not as pleasant to read (will get used to it perhaps?)

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64382 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Seems to work OK on Firefox (Win Vista), but lots of blank space, spaces between and within entries :
i.e. when looking a Forums / Recent Activity can see the first 5 threads on the old version but only 3 on the new. The posts are are spread out meaning more scrolling, can see less on a screenfull....no big deal, but I find it a bit too of sparse and not as pleasant to read (will get used to it perhaps?)

Just what I thought Pete.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72504 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
18 Feb 2014 - 10:17 PM

Wow everything looks...bigger....and keeping the thingy bar at the top is cool...not clever enough to register other changes so I'll shut up...
(like it so far...Smile )

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 7:16 AM

I came straight onto the 'v6' version this morning - I think I prefer it over the 'old' format! Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73309 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 11:41 AM

Like it. Much crisper & cleaner. Fonts easier to read.
I checked some of the photos in my PF.
They seem to be bigger & sharper than before. Starts to show up the flaws more. Sad

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
19 Feb 2014 - 12:01 PM

Looks very smart.

Could we possibly change the order of our albums in this new V6?

In Reportage/Documentary for example, we have the possibility to change the order of the photos before we upload. Why can't we have the same type of system for putting the albums in the order we want?

JHFoto5
19 Feb 2014 - 2:59 PM

Seems OK

nass
nass  4 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2014 - 3:14 PM

Looks very much like I'd expect a mobile-friendly 2014 site to look, boxy, clean, fluid. Fonts are fine, CSS fine. There are a lot of file calls though and maybe you should combine some of the scripting for speed. Have a look at the google and yahoo pagespeed things and have a look at compression. With 3 revolving things above the fold it's a bit busy but that's just me. To be honest it's not a page I would bookmark because there's so much marketing on it, be it from advertisers or from ephotozine itself trying to get more page impressions. Am I right in thinking that the directory listings are paid? Might want to be careful with too much emphasis on that unless they're nofollow. the big -G- isn't a huge fan of this these days. Good work though, very clean Smile

Andy_Cundell
19 Feb 2014 - 3:24 PM

I like it a lot, no, I love it!!! Bigger is better.....apparently Blush

That is all!!!

Andy

geffers7
geffers7 e2 Member 435 forum postsgeffers7 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 3:54 PM

Like the new style - crisp and clean is best way I could describe it.

Geoff

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91899 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 4:07 PM

Only viewing re computer monitor. Had a thorough look around - Very neat and tidy layout especially the clean PF photo and comments pages.

ade123
ade123 e2 Member 1163 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 6:19 PM

Looks good on my iPad and MacBook Pro.
A really nice user friendly layout

teocali
teocali e2 Member 6235 forum poststeocali vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 6:29 PM

Very clear, inviting and intuitive layout. Excellent on iPad, Macbook Pro and Windows monitor Smile

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315560 forum posts England
19 Feb 2014 - 7:52 PM

Looks good on my HTC One Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.