Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

help deciding

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lesleyam
    26 Aug 2013 - 3:58 PM

Torn between the olympus xz2 and nikon p7700....any info or help would be great. Looking an all rounder but decent pics and video thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Aug 2013 - 3:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214398 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:01 PM

Out of those two the XZ-2, it can take an EVF and it has wireless flash capabilities.

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 33380 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:07 PM

Hei,

Nikon review here

and

Olympus review here

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214398 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:18 PM

More here

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-10-best-serious-compact-digital-cameras-16...

lesleyam
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:32 PM

Thanks had read both, was the help from this site that I got it down to 2. Am a novice so was hoping someone had one of these 2 and could help me further or their own opinion thanks

Paul Morgan
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:37 PM

Have you looked at the fuji x10, it has a very similar spec to the other two.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X10-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B005JRGWNS/ref=sr...

All three will do pretty much the same, although the XZ-2 has a little more thrown in, like touch screen, wireless flash etc.

lesleyam
    26 Aug 2013 - 4:39 PM

Thanks paul, more specs I look at the more my heads slowing melting lol

Paul Morgan
    26 Aug 2013 - 9:25 PM

Size could be another factor.

http://camerasize.com/compare/#386,170
    http://camerasize.com/compare/#386,129

lesleyam
    27 Aug 2013 - 9:27 AM

Yeah think nikon a no no, loved the rotating screen but seems image processing is very slow and it is kind of a beast for the handbag lol. Olympus just has an annoying noise when zooming in the video mode but tilty screen was a plus. Wanted nice pics but convenience of recording rather than taking my camcorder about . Quess I need to be not so particular !! Thanks paul

MichaelMelb_AU
    27 Aug 2013 - 12:35 PM

Side by side comparison. Pay attention to competitors from Canon and Panasonic stables as well. Panasonic LX7 looks interesting to me Wink

Paul Morgan
    27 Aug 2013 - 11:16 PM

Quote: Olympus just has an annoying noise when zooming in the video mode but tilty screen was a plus. Wanted nice pics but convenience of recording rather than taking my camcorder about . Quess I need to be not so particular !! Thanks paul

Quote: Pay attention to competitors from Canon and Panasonic stables as well. Panasonic LX7 looks interesting to me

None of the compacts are all that great for video, if you don`t want noise while zooming I would avoid any camera camera with a powered zoom and get an x10 or x20.

StrayCat
    StrayCat  1014210 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2013 - 12:10 AM

What's wrong with the Sony 100 II?

Last Modified By StrayCat at 28 Aug 2013 - 12:10 AM
    Paul Morgan
    28 Aug 2013 - 1:38 AM

Or the 100 Smile

lesleyam
    30 Aug 2013 - 10:39 AM

Sony was a bit out of my budet and a bit small..could see a few drops happening!!! Took ur advice paul looked at lx7and canon g15 . Found the g15 better for functions and easier for me to use and as g16 is coming out soon got it at a decent price. Thanks for all ur help now a very happy owner of a g15 Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.