Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help for Heroes Fundraising Campaign

fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
15 Dec 2011 5:29PM
I hope you don't mind me making this announcement here but I'm going to be pushing this quite hard this year and I make no apologies.

Myself and my business partners have decided to embark on a year long programme to raise finds for Help for Heroes. You can make a donation here .

Our efforts are inspired by the spirit shown by our former employee, Alistair Spearing, who returned from a recent posting to Afghanistan with the Royal Engineers having sustained serious injuries in an IED explosion. Alistair lost both of his legs in the explosion but summarised his situation by saying “the first couple of weeks were hard”. He is due to be released from Sellyoaks Hospital for Christmas having gone through surgery and an intensive physiotherapy schedule, before he embarks on a rehabilitation programme in 2012.

Our efforts to raise funds will include a number of events throughout the year, culminating in a “major” event involving challenges in all four corners of the United Kingdom in the late Summer. Details of this event will be notified when we have finalised our arrangements. In the meantime our first event sees us take on 200 miles in one day on static bikes at the Dollan Aqua Centre in East Kilbride on Sunday 22nd January. This will be followed by other sporting and social events throughout the year, all of which will be notified nearer the time.

A full programme of our events will be posted on the Terrenus H4H Challenge Facebook Page . Frequent updates on our training efforts, publicity, the events themselves and the progress of fundraising will also be posted on the TerrenusH4H Twitter feed

Thanks for listening and I hope you can find some way to make a donation, no matter how large or small.

Fraser

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Dec 2011 7:19PM
Good on you " fraser " ....!!!

If ever there was a worthy cause, This has to be one at the top of the tree....!!!

Good luck a happy Christmas and bootifull ( as we say in Norfolk ) new year to you, Alistair and his comrades...!!!
Andy_Cundell e2
3 1.1k 5 England
15 Dec 2011 9:58PM
Nice One Fraser!

One of my top charities, because we also try and look after our own.......................Wink

Thankyou!

Andy
gingerdelight e2
8 298 11 United Kingdom
15 Dec 2011 10:32PM
Good luck to everyone involved Fraser, a very worthy cause indeed.
Carol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.