Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help improving my skills

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

arhab
arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2012 - 6:20 AM

Well Matt, I believe your skill will improve. I just joined for a few hour, upload a photo to critique gallery, and bang.... my knowledge and skill has improved.

There are a lot of people here who will help us.Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2012 - 6:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattK
MattK  263 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Feb 2012 - 12:44 PM

Arhab - Thanks for your comment Smile

I agree with you - people are quick on this site to give you helpful advice and good critique of your photo's to help you improve. I have learnt a huge amount already from this site Smile

User_Removed
20 Feb 2012 - 1:56 PM

Arhab and Matt,

I have been here for several years now - and am still learning a huge amount from other members.

(Just don't ask about the best lens to use on a compact for professional wedding shoots!! )

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53615 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2012 - 2:09 PM

Arhab and Matt,

I find both asking and answering questions helps me improve - the answering bit as it make me more sure about what i think i know.
Of course the other bit is taking photo's and self critiquing them as well as asking here.

Welcome
Stuart

ginz04
ginz04  10276 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 9:14 PM

hi try this

http://camerasim.com/camera-simulator/

hope it helps

ian

sabretalon
sabretalon  101918 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Mar 2012 - 8:40 PM

I would spend some time looking through images you like, get some inspiration before going out. Seeing work you like will help you start to look more at composition.

Take photo's of subjects you like and it will show in the work you do. Set little tests for yourself. I used to put a 50mm lens on and spend time just with that lens. This will make you get the most out of your camera in given situations. Small tests like this will help you push yourself to find out more about your camera.

Don't spend more time reading about it than picking up the camera and trying it! When I started out I kept a little diary, I wrote down all the settings, conditions etc... for each photo (before we started to get most of that data from our cameras). Taking pictures does not really cost you anything now so you should be able to practice lots. Find your techniques, your style.

Ask questions, if you are after feedback then when you upload the image provide some info, as in, what you were trying to achieve or problems you encountered.

Main thing is to enjoy what you are doing.

MattK
MattK  263 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Apr 2012 - 10:00 AM

Thank you - the 50m challenge is a good one and I have started to do that. It does force you to frame shots properly and think about composition rather than using zoom functuions to frame your photo for you.

Writing settings down is a good idea - I tend to think I will remember it all and come to a shot I want to replicate and can't remember my previous settings!

Some good info there thank you Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.