Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

help level 2 C&G photography work

1 Jun 2012 8:39PM
hi to all
need help my teacher is not good at explaining what i need to put in for my final project
i have my portfolios two x10 sets of images but the written has not been explained as my teacher is very bad at that part of the explanation
has anyone done it and can send me some examples of the work and a list of it all
please help am pulling my hair out big time its all ment to be in in less then 4 weeks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2012 8:56AM
Hi and welcome to the site.

You really need to have a sit down chat with your teacher - you may find that they can explain things much clearer to you on a 1 to 1 basis than in class. Equally, I respectfully suggest you need to give some consideration to your own anxiety - is this getting in the way of your understanding/ listening at all? In other words remember communication is a 2 way reciprocal process and that the sender has to be receptive to what is been said - if you are getting worked up you will be less capable at listening. Remember listening and hearing are two completely different things!

Finally, I can't speak for C&G, but most examinations change each year and with each mock. Therefore the written component may differ for other epz users. As a university tutor I know how wrong students can get things when they seek advice from outside sources. Go back to your tutor and ask for clarification...
3 Jun 2012 8:21PM

Quote:Hi and welcome to the site.

You really need to have a sit down chat with your teacher - you may find that they can explain things much clearer to you on a 1 to 1 basis than in class. Equally, I respectfully suggest you need to give some consideration to your own anxiety - is this getting in the way of your understanding/ listening at all? In other words remember communication is a 2 way reciprocal process and that the sender has to be receptive to what is been said - if you are getting worked up you will be less capable at listening. Remember listening and hearing are two completely different things!

Finally, I can't speak for C&G, but most examinations change each year and with each mock. Therefore the written component may differ for other epz users. As a university tutor I know how wrong students can get things when they seek advice from outside sources. Go back to your tutor and ask for clarification...

respectfully no its not just me there are at least two others that i talk to in class that are having the same problem ,i'm 30 years old and it is not my anxiety at all in anyway . i received top marks in my other levels
my teacher is not good at any of the paperwork and very confusing about what parts of the work i need to do .
so please do not make out that im a silly school girl that does not understand her teacher
i have asked him one on one and he just run away from me as he does not know what is to go in to c &g
i have emailed c&G to ask them for a full list of work aswell but asked on this aswell to try and get answers

i hope there is others on here that will help me and not just try and make me sound like a silly school girl like you have
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2013 11:54PM
The answer you have just given makes you sound very much like a silly school girl as the advice sherlob was giving was very much professional and adult.
peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 8:52AM
Whether somebody's post reads like a "silly school girl" or not is totally immaterial and outside the question that the OP is trying to ask; it is just the kind of response that sounds off emotions from behind the safety and sanctity of anonymity without giving anything concrete to the reply.

IMO "sherlob" is right: I would certainly together with any other disaffected students try to buttonhole your tutor and ask him/her for help in completing your project; in the end the teacher will be judged by the collective success of otherwise of students; I don't know the size of your class but maybe other students have a handle on the issue?

G'luck, Peter.
6 Jul 2013 1:27PM
I am lost on this one - what project? What course? What specialty? What subject studied at least? Final project as it sounds, must include a demonstration of understanding of all elements studied. Go from this and write your essay (or whatever) the same way your study materials were written - i.e. the same sequence of subjects with illustrated in-depth explanation of your understanding of them. This worked on me in most poorly specified assignments. In vast majority of cases they are ending collecting dust on the archive shelves anyway Wink
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
6 Jul 2013 1:57PM
I took C&G photography exams back in medieval times. I remember having to evaluate my own photos and declare why I'd chosen the final pictures for inclusion.

More relevant to your particular exam, perhaps, is the following, (Googled C&G level 2 course content):

Provide a written account for each folio of images which includes:

the statement of intent
the preparation and planning undertaken (including reasons for equipment and materials selection, equipment and materials preparation, and health and safety considerations)
how the equipment was used to capture images (including the method of image capture and operational procedures followed)
why the final images were selected (including how they relate to the task)
health and safety, legal and ethical considerations.

PDF here.
suejoh e2
10 236 United Kingdom
6 Jul 2013 5:10PM
This may not help but it is common to be at a complete loss when you start something or need to create something. This might be an essay or a project at college or it might be a project or document at work. My friend has just started a PhD and she says she does not understand what her tutor is talking about. My son who is finishing a PhD says he still does not know what his tutor is talking about. Smile
Anyway I certainly felt the same at work and often felt totally overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge on a new area and / or clueless on how to present it. Dreadful feeling.
I used to ask people (as you have here) but probably your fellow students, previous students would be more useful. The internet is wonderful for examples of work or knowledge. I used to surf the intranet at work and find other documents that were similar types of documents to see how they did it or for more information. Finally you just have to do it - the first draft is the most painful. I often went through a number of revisions but then you see it as a whole and begin to form your own opinions. You also have something to look through and to show other people. First draft may just be a skeleton or outline but then you can start to build it.
Your tutor may not be good - but that is common. When you go to work your boss will probably not only be crap but trying to score points off you. (There are a reasonable number of amazing managers too Smile ). One time I went to my manager to discuss a project and work through the major problems we had. His only response - You will have to be a hero!
Anyway - very best of luck.
JFDI Sue (sorry for the bad language)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.