Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help me choose a new camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pinemonkey
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:46 PM

At present I use a canon g9 camera for photographing furniture for my website www.victorianpine.com
    And I would like any advice on improving the quality of pics, I was thinking the new canon eos m. Any advice from the more informed here would be good. Drew

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Dec 2012 - 10:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2012 - 8:35 AM

Having looked at your website don't think you need to change they all seem clear, well detailed, and functional Drew

Rod

Robert_Malcolm

I concur with Rod as far as the clarity of the images is concerned and that they're 'functional'. Changing your camera won't improve what you're having trouble with, which is composition, staging and lighting. If your primary concern is about making the furniture look as good as it can and more attractive to buyers, study these areas.

You're in a great building and if you can free up even a fairly small space inside you can do a lot to improve the presentation (and use less photographs of each piece to do it).

pinemonkey
    8 Dec 2012 - 8:51 AM

Hi Rod & thanks for taking the time to look at my website/pics.
    I tend to rely on sunlight which is OK most of the year but this time of year the sunlight can be harsh or none at all and it would be good to get better results inside. Thanks again. Drew

pinemonkey
    8 Dec 2012 - 8:54 AM

Hi Robert.
    Thank you also for your advice. Is there a good book to read up on 'composition, staging and lighting' .Drew

pinemonkey
    8 Dec 2012 - 9:10 AM

Just to add, I have tried taking pictures inside in an area set up for this but the the quality is pretty poor compared to those close to the door or outside. Drew

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.