Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help me choose a printer please

lee beel 10 237 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 9:56AM
Hello, I hope that you are all well. My printer recently died and I would like some help choosing a new one please as there seems to be a bewildering choice on the market. I think I should get a printer and scanner combined so I don't have to keep changing leads over from 1 to the other like I do now. I don't need to fax anything. I don't need a printer that has great photo quality printing as I usually only need it to print invoices and addresses rather than photos but I may need to print contact sheets. I used to have an A4+ printer so I could put an envelope to take an A4 sheet through it and print the address onto the envelope. Are A4+ printers still available? I'm not fussed about having a wifi connection and I would probably be happier using USB. Also, I don't really 1 that costs lots to replace inks. I've always had epson in the past and would like to stick with them, unless something else is just too tempting! Many thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LouiseTopp 4 522 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 10:10AM
I have a Cannon which has been good, Maplins do some good deals.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
10 Mar 2014 11:52AM

Quote:and scanner combined

Is that just a document scanner or one for scanning negatives / transparencies ?
lee beel 10 237 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 12:01PM
Sorry JJGEE I should have been more clearer. I have a negative scanner I can use when I need to so just a scanner for documents would be good. Thanks.
bppowell 13 2.1k 2 England
10 Mar 2014 12:07PM
I have the Canon MG550, very good, has wireless connection and only cost 49.

To replace both cartridges costs 31 from Asda (Cannons own)

Barry
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2014 5:51PM
Canon Pixma for fantastic colour prints. I have two and would not consider anything else. Smile
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
10 Mar 2014 5:52PM
Another vote for the MG550; mine cost 30.00 in Argos so look around for prices.

The last inks I bought cost about 25.00 for a genuine Canon twin pack, also from Argos but again look around. You might beat that at Amazon.
thewilliam 6 4.9k
10 Mar 2014 8:26PM
My first check is the size and price of ink cartridges and if it'll get heavy use, whether it can take a CISS.

Over the life of a printer, ink is generally the biggest cost, even for a wide-format printer and even for an office printer with a CISS.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.