Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help Me Choose a starter camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ian72
    Ian72  2 United Kingdom
    4 Apr 2012 - 5:00 PM

Hi

Right i'm looking for something to get a grips with photography and like the Compact System Cameras and no I'm not 12 with a budget of 420 more like 40 and 300 tops.

I've was looking at bridge camera's originally but have seen that the price of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 is in my budget at 299(250 with the panasonic cashback deal at the mo) with 14-42 lens but the DMC-GF2 is available in Currys for 275 with a 14mm pancake and a 14-42mm lens. Between the two is there really that much difference, am I better going for the GF2 because of the two lenses for extra versatility.

I have also seen OLYMPUS E-PL1 with 14-42mm lens for 130 and wondered if that was worth considering as my first step.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Apr 2012 - 5:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TonyBrooks
    4 Apr 2012 - 5:17 PM

Box BrownieWink

Tony

Ian72
    Ian72  2 United Kingdom
    4 Apr 2012 - 5:27 PM

I'm only 40 not 60, werent they indestructible

Nephila
    Nephila  2
    4 Apr 2012 - 10:00 PM

I had an olympus epl 1 and it was a top little camera but the reason that I sold it (to my mum) was that I found it a bit of a git to get lenses for it compared to what was available to other cameras and what I could get was stupidly expensive. But I took my little olympus on a photography holiday and some of the more experienced photographers said that it was a good little camera. I would still choose my canon 550d over it every time but then it's probably out of your budget at 550. But the olympus really got me into photography so I can recommend it, especially as now I think different lenses are alot easier to get hold of and there are all sorts of coverters and adapters to boot Smile

Nephila
    Nephila  2
    4 Apr 2012 - 10:05 PM

Oh, and at 130 it's a bargain, I think I paid double! Tongue

Ian72
    Ian72  2 United Kingdom
    4 Oct 2012 - 9:23 PM

Nephilia thanks for your help back in April. I ended up with the olly epl1 after a lot of looking around and i mean, a lot. I was limited in my choice at the time and I missed out on the bargain priced 130 but, I did manage to pick one up on a twin lens kit offer for 250, still think i got a bargain and I've been made up with it, even took it out on day course and the tutor thought it was good little camera especially for the deal, only problem now is, i want a proper dslr now!

User_Removed
    9 Oct 2012 - 11:30 AM

Quote: Box BrownieWink

Tony

My 1st Camera - and I'm not 60 either!Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.