Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help needed with 5D MK2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    janeil
    janeil  3 United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2012 - 6:58 PM

Hi all, I hope you can help me out here. I have just brought 5D MK2 camera with Nissan Di866 flashgun. The problem I have is, I am trying to get the flashgun to work off the camera and it's not happening. Can some one help please. I have also got Phottix strato II multi radio triggers which isn't working with the flashgun too. Does anyone know if they work together.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Mar 2012 - 6:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    24 Mar 2012 - 7:04 PM

If the Nissin flash is their Canon-compatible model, it should work perfectly with the 5D2. Even if it is not the right model, it should still work in basic modes (but maybe not in TTL mode)

I am assuming that when you manually trigger the flash it does fire?

Similarly, the radio trigger should work fine with that flashgun. Have you tried manually firing the radio trigger, rather than just trying to get the camera to trigger it?

janeil
    janeil  3 United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2012 - 7:34 PM

The camera works fine on the camera. But the flashgun does make a buzzing noise when switched on. Don't know if it should or not. I can't find the setting in the camera for wireless flashgun too. Looked at the manual and it's not clear at all

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2012 - 9:04 PM

The canon 5d2 doesnt fire an off camera flashgun unless you have two flashgunes or a radio transmitter , you need a master flashgun on the camera and the one off used as slave , it doesnt have a built in flash so I guess this is the reason your struggling with it ..

janeil
    janeil  3 United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2012 - 5:23 AM

I have got a radio transmitter but I think it doesn't work with Nissan Di866. Can anyone recommend a good radio trigger package.

newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2012 - 9:14 AM

I've had good results out of a set similar to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Channel-Wireless-Trigger-Control-Receivers/dp/B002G90S00 . You're limited to manual flash settings but in the kind of situations I use it in, that suits me.

Having said that though, that wireless trigger set doesn't look too different in principle from the Phottix triggers you have so it might be worth doing some diagnostics to narrow down the problem, e.g. firing the flash triggers manually as suggested above, borrowing a different flash to see if it fires, etc. It'd be a shame to replace part of your setup only to find it wasn't that bit that was at fault in the first place.

janeil
    janeil  3 United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2012 - 1:58 PM

Thanks for all your help. The flash wont work when on the Transmitter, I have pressed the manual button and the light changes to red but flash doesn't work. I think I am going to take the whole kit back next week and see if they can see the problem. Plus the flash makes a buzzing sound all the time.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.