Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help on camera choice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Tony_photoplus
    7 Oct 2009 - 11:54 AM

I have had a Fuji5600, basic and I pushed it to its limits and I did pay over the odds as it was a new technology when it came out. I need a new camera and being on benefits, living on morphine I can't work. Photography is a hobby and a passion and there is no way I can afford my dream as benefits are not money you can enjoy yourself on, you survive. But, I do go without to try and get what I can and save as much as I can. So realistically a DSLR is out of the question due to having to buy lens's and all the addons that go with it. That is my dream but I realise that dreams cannot be fulfilled on benefits.

So sad to say I have to contend myself to the cheaper ends of the market that will be similar to the fuji 5600. Reasons are it has a wide to telephoto lens all in one. So what is THE BEST fixed super zoom lens camera there is with the possibility of adding extensions on for macro/wide angle (these are just hopes). Also the most pixels as I use the computer as my extra macro to crop in and the more pixels the more I have to play around with. I know there are limits and other factors. I can go upto £600 or if I can persuade my wife a little higher. I am not interested in Video at all, just still photography. Looking forward to your replies

Tony

Last Modified By Tony_photoplus at 7 Oct 2009 - 11:54 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Oct 2009 - 11:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

montechoro
    montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hi Tony - You could have your DSLR option and lenses within budget if you shop around.

Amazon have a brand new Sony Alpha A230 with 18-55 for £349 - plenty left for a zoom as well

Pre-owned Nikon D80 (3,500 actuations) +55 - 200 - £475 - some left for a wide angle lens as well (MPB)

Pre-owned Canon 30D + 55 - 200 - £475 - some left for a wide angle lens as well. (Mifsuds)

For maximum flexibility - it's an option to consider.

I bought my 30D second hand years ago and it's still going strong.

You can have your dream and within budget if you like.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 12:28 PM

Quote: I can go upto £600

If you shop wisely, And your not a brand snob, 600 quid will get you a DSLR with a lens or 2.....Smile

For example this fab " Olympus Kit " ...Smile

Or have a peruse of this site...Wink

Either way, Buying straight into a DSLR within your budget now, Makes more financial sense in the long term.

Buy Wise, Buy Once....Smile

montechoro
    montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 12:45 PM

Tony - cameracat's link for the Oly kit is a great deal to offer and all brand new.

How's your dream now? Getting a little closer I hope.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 12:59 PM

Sony Alpha 350 twin lens kit?

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2009 - 2:03 PM

If you don't want a DSLR then if you ever come across the Sony R1 I suggest you take a look - it's my favourite walkabout camera when I want to travel relatively light (It's bigger than my Sony A350) and produces wonderful results - nice wide angle on it too.

pluffy
    pluffy  7125 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2009 - 3:14 PM

You could try the Pentax K m with 18 55 lens and add the Tamron 70 300 lens all for less than £500

Tony_photoplus

Thanks for your advice, am half way to saving. Its just panicking as mine is now no more and don't have a camera now!! But, I don't want to take the easy route and buy a camera that is a cheap and my wife then saying 'Well you have your camera Now! What more do you want?'
    'Well, er ...'

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.