Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HELP PLEASE ....FUJIFILM Finepix F600 EXR raf RAW file conversion

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3792 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2012 - 8:33 PM

HELP PLEASE ....FUJIFILM Finepix F600 EXR raf RAW file conversion

Hi, folks I need someone to help me here before I go nuts:

My best cameras are a SONY A55 and a PANASONIC LX5.....I have no problems at all converting their RAW files to DNGs in ADOBE DNG CONVERTER:

Very recently I acquired a RAW shooting FUJIFILM FINEPIX F600 EXR compact camera to use as an always in my pocket shooter....GREAT! I thought....until that is....it came to dealing with its quirky RAW files which save with a ...raf file code.

These raf RAW files won't open in any software but the horrible/nasty ...MY FINEPIX STUDIO....and then after that if I want to process them in my very familiar PHOTOSHOP CS3 raf RAW files won't open.....sooo.........FINEPIX RAW FIE CONVERTER has to convert them in to TIFS which takes an absolute age...its driving me .....NUTS!

Please is there a way that I can get those FUJI raf RAW files converted in a quick and easy way to work in PS CS3?

The FUJI camera is a great little tool, but the supplied image software is RUBBISH:

HELP!

Hobbo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jun 2012 - 8:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bigalguitarpicker

You need Adobe Camera Raw v6.5

MartPics
    MartPics  8 United Kingdom
    6 Jun 2012 - 5:40 AM

You could try RawTherapee 4.0.9 its a free program use by Linux users but is available for Windows and MAC users.

RawTherapee

Martin.

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3792 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 8:49 AM

Thank you folks...

Not much success as yet.

I have PHOTOSHOP CS3 .....I don't think the ADOBE updates work for it.....unless someone knows better?

I did download RAWTHERAPEE to my Windows XP Pro PC ...... I get shots in there but then it crashes.

This is so sad and frustrating because I have a great little all round compact camera that shoots RAW....that aren't compatible with the two main photo editing softwares, namely ....ADOBE BRIDGE and PHOTOSHOP SC3.

Anyone have any other suggestions please?

Cheers!

Hobbo

Niknut
    Niknut e2 Member 4563 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 4:06 PM

Go to the Adobe website, & look in the DNG Converter list of cameras covered to see if your F600 is covered ??.....maybe an update to the programme
    might help ?????

Good luck !!

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3289 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2012 - 5:29 PM

Might be worth trying "FastStone" as a stopgap. It's a free download and claims to work with RAF files.

It allows files to be opened,adjusted then saved as TIFFS, Jpegs, etc.

hobbo
    6 Jun 2012 - 7:57 PM

A HUGE THANK YOU folks.........................the updated ...ADOBE DNG CONVERTER ...did the trick:

Mods please keep this info on file for others who have just purchased a FUJI camera:

Fantastic quality RAW shots for a compact:

Hobbo

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.