Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help Please!! Nikon D70s Broken?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MaryMac
    MaryMac  8258 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Oct 2006 - 5:51 PM

I havnt used my camera Nikon D70sfor 5 weeks till today battery supplied with it was flashing low so I changed it for my brand new one after 4 shots the shutter froze and ERR displayed on the top I depressed the shutter and the camera went blank then off I took the battery out and inserted it again same thing happened I have just tried again with the original battery and all seems ok I have only had the camera about 4 months its hardly been used so is this a big problem should I take it back to the supplier or is it just a duff battery pack ?the new battery is a HL-EL3 NIKON same as the original bought in August and has been recharged just once before and was showing full in the camera when it went off
    Thanks any help will be appreciated
    mary

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Oct 2006 - 5:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    7 Oct 2006 - 6:09 PM

Quote: should I take it back to the supplier

On the basis of the information you have supplied Mary, take it straight back - and don't take any prisoners..

Wink

Goatsmilkuk
    7 Oct 2006 - 6:26 PM

Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

Stu

Well thats the blue touch paper taken care of ;-P

tepot
    tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2006 - 7:15 PM

sounds like a duff battery Mary.

MaryMac
    7 Oct 2006 - 7:36 PM

I have just taken about 40 pics with the original battery and so far no Err has appeared so perhaps it is just the spare battery thats at fault I will use the camera in daylight tomorrow and see if it happens again Im really upset about it as living so far away from where I purchased my camera (1000kms) its not going to be easy to return it to the shop so am hoping it is just the battery and not the camera has anyone had this kind of problem with a battery ?

aftertherain
    8 Oct 2006 - 9:02 AM

It certainly sounds like the battery.
    Check that the terminals are clean and then recharge it again.
    Sometimes the charge wains if it's stored fully charged for any length of time.

jondf
    jondf  82475 forum posts
    9 Oct 2006 - 10:47 AM

I read somewhere that batteries can often be of doubtful origin and that the counterfeit market is there if not vibrant. If you bought the battery from a non-specified source, I'd check either with Nikon or a high street retailer like Jessop's to see if it's genuine.

jondf
    jondf  82475 forum posts
    9 Oct 2006 - 3:06 PM

Quote: Goatsmilkuk wrote: Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

Grin

Nike55
    Nike55  8956 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Oct 2006 - 3:49 PM

Quote: Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

I wouldn't.

Quote: I'd check either with Nikon or a high street retailer like Jessop's to see if it's genuine.

Check with Nikon - forget Jessops!!

jondf
    jondf  82475 forum posts
    9 Oct 2006 - 3:57 PM

Quote: Nike55 wrote: Check with Nikon - forget Jessops!!

Or alternatively....forget 'em both and get the Canon you know you subconsciously want Grin

Goatsmilkuk
    10 Oct 2006 - 9:02 AM

Nike55, thanks for that mate, I knew if I waited long enough I would get a bite!

Stu

Nike55
    Nike55  8956 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Oct 2006 - 9:55 AM

Canon? Noooooooooooooooooooooo........

Quote: Nike55, thanks for that mate, I knew if I waited long enough I would get a bite!

Go fish.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2006 - 10:34 AM

I had the same happen to me, I was playing around , the exposure would have been way off, I think it was pointing to the sky. Pressed the button, it all locked, turned off and then on again. It happened one other time, when the exposure readings would have been off the scale.....just me pratting about....never happened since.

Its probably not your battery, just the conditions you were taking the shot in....

Had no probs will mine..

MaryMac
    10 Oct 2006 - 2:44 PM

Funny you should mention weather conditions it was really hot on the day it went wonky about 34c and I was taking pics of the sun and clouds since I have reverted back to my original battery its been fine so I am hoping its just a duff spare I will take it back to Joburg in November and get it replaced
    Thanks for all your advice but I dont want a Canon I have never wanted a Canon and will never EVER buy a Canon as I want the same one as my sister has and that is of course a NIKON Grin
    Mary

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.