Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help Please!! Nikon D70s Broken?

MaryMac 8 258 1 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2006 5:51PM
I havnt used my camera Nikon D70sfor 5 weeks till today battery supplied with it was flashing low so I changed it for my brand new one after 4 shots the shutter froze and ERR displayed on the top I depressed the shutter and the camera went blank then off I took the battery out and inserted it again same thing happened I have just tried again with the original battery and all seems ok I have only had the camera about 4 months its hardly been used so is this a big problem should I take it back to the supplier or is it just a duff battery pack ?the new battery is a HL-EL3 NIKON same as the original bought in August and has been recharged just once before and was showing full in the camera when it went off
Thanks any help will be appreciated
mary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 Oct 2006 6:09PM

Quote:should I take it back to the supplier

On the basis of the information you have supplied Mary, take it straight back - and don't take any prisoners..

Wink
Goatsmilkuk 10 783
7 Oct 2006 6:26PM
Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

Stu

Well thats the blue touch paper taken care of ;-P
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
7 Oct 2006 7:15PM
sounds like a duff battery Mary.
7 Oct 2006 7:36PM
I have just taken about 40 pics with the original battery and so far no Err has appeared so perhaps it is just the spare battery thats at fault I will use the camera in daylight tomorrow and see if it happens again Im really upset about it as living so far away from where I purchased my camera (1000kms) its not going to be easy to return it to the shop so am hoping it is just the battery and not the camera has anyone had this kind of problem with a battery ?
It certainly sounds like the battery.
Check that the terminals are clean and then recharge it again.
Sometimes the charge wains if it's stored fully charged for any length of time.
jondf 8 2.7k
9 Oct 2006 10:47AM
I read somewhere that batteries can often be of doubtful origin and that the counterfeit market is there if not vibrant. If you bought the battery from a non-specified source, I'd check either with Nikon or a high street retailer like Jessop's to see if it's genuine.
jondf 8 2.7k
9 Oct 2006 3:06PM

Quote:Goatsmilkuk wrote: Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

Grin
Nike55 8 956 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2006 3:49PM

Quote:Too right take it back, then get a Canon...

I wouldn't.

Quote:I'd check either with Nikon or a high street retailer like Jessop's to see if it's genuine.

Check with Nikon - forget Jessops!!
jondf 8 2.7k
9 Oct 2006 3:57PM

Quote:Nike55 wrote: Check with Nikon - forget Jessops!!

Or alternatively....forget 'em both and get the Canon you know you subconsciously want Grin
Goatsmilkuk 10 783
10 Oct 2006 9:02AM
Nike55, thanks for that mate, I knew if I waited long enough I would get a bite!

Stu
Nike55 8 956 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2006 9:55AM
Canon? Noooooooooooooooooooooo........

Quote:Nike55, thanks for that mate, I knew if I waited long enough I would get a bite!

Go fish.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2006 10:34AM
I had the same happen to me, I was playing around , the exposure would have been way off, I think it was pointing to the sky. Pressed the button, it all locked, turned off and then on again. It happened one other time, when the exposure readings would have been off the scale.....just me pratting about....never happened since.

Its probably not your battery, just the conditions you were taking the shot in....

Had no probs will mine..
10 Oct 2006 2:44PM
Funny you should mention weather conditions it was really hot on the day it went wonky about 34c and I was taking pics of the sun and clouds since I have reverted back to my original battery its been fine so I am hoping its just a duff spare I will take it back to Joburg in November and get it replaced
Thanks for all your advice but I dont want a Canon I have never wanted a Canon and will never EVER buy a Canon as I want the same one as my sister has and that is of course a NIKON Grin
Mary

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.