Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help Please!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    anpix
    anpix  688 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Jul 2008 - 6:32 AM

Please can i have some help on how to make borders with titles on in photo shop please.
    I know it sounds stupid, but i am, and i think they look really good.
    Any help would be very appreciated

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jul 2008 - 6:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveU
    DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2008 - 7:48 AM

Hi Andrew,

There are probably a number of ways to do this, but I use the Image>Canvas Size option in CS2. This opens up a "Canvas Size" dialog from which you can easily create the border effects that you're after.

The default behaviour is to extend the canvas equally all around the image, so just type in a new value for widthand height, select the canvas extension colour, click OK and hey presto. The new width and height that you type in can be absolute dimensions or relative (i.e., added on) to the existing canvas size .... there's a checkbox called "Relative" to control this.

So lets say you want a thin white keyline surrounded by a larger black border. Set the canvas size dialog to "Relative", increase both the height and width by 0.1cm, set canvas extension colour to white and click OK. Then repeat, but using a new height and width of say 2cm and setting extension colour to black.

Just add text using the standard text tool in a contrasting colour so it shows up. You can adjust the opacity of the text layer so that it "blends" into the border and does'nt look so harsh.

HTH,

Dave.

Last Modified By DaveU at 12 Jul 2008 - 7:49 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    anpix
    anpix  688 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Jul 2008 - 10:19 AM

Thanks very helpfull

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.