Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help please from Canon 6 D owners

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    goexplorephotography

Hi,
    I need a bit of help to stop me going mental,
    Ive sent my 6D off to canon as the focusing screen felll out and got scratched. I know it was a small job but its under warranty so thought canon should fix it. Anyway. When it returned there was a problem with selecting the focus point. However the canon repair centre claim im doing it wrong and say there is nothing wrong with the camera. So please help me.

Here is the problem. To select a focus point. I hold down the focus point selection button and then use the dial on the top front to move around the focus points until its gets to the desired focus point. (Simple) however this does not work on my camera.
    I know i can use the toggle on the back too. But im used to doing it with the top, front dial.

Now when i got my camera back this did not work so i sent it back.
    My problem is Canon say the top,front dial does not select the focus points.
    Is it me and am i going bonkers. Ive been using a 6D for 6 months, how can i not know how my camera works. Anyhow can any 6D owwners out there please confirm,
    Can you select any of the focus points by holding in the focus point selction button and then turning the top front dial. Before i section myself.

Ive checked the manual and it says im right. But thats not making any difference to the repair centre.

Thanks you

Last Modified By goexplorephotography at 12 Jun 2013 - 1:21 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jun 2013 - 1:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45782 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jun 2013 - 1:33 PM

what does the manual say?

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jun 2013 - 1:35 PM

Do you happen to be using a basic zone mode?

af-zone.jpg

goexplorephotography

Yes basic zone modes, and yes i have the manual. And it should work as i blieve it should. However i would just like another 6 D owner to test it on their camera. To make sure im not loosing my mind.

Last Modified By goexplorephotography at 12 Jun 2013 - 4:51 PM
    mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45782 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jun 2013 - 4:59 PM

The bit that Glenn has posted says you cannot select focus AF point in Basic Zone modes.
    In other modes The front wheel works as you describe.

goexplorephotography

Sorry my mistake. The camera was not in in basic mode, but still couldnt select focus point with front wheel. Apparantly they have re set everything, Hopefully ill get it back tomorrow so can try it again. I use it every day but you start doubting yourself when your told theres nothing wrong with it.
    Ill find out soon if im loosing the plot

goexplorephotography

Good news My camera has been returned and it is now working. The report sheet says it was checked by means of error indicator ????????
    anyway they restored it to factory settings and it now works. although i now have to go through the menu setting it up again.
    I knew i wasn't loosing the plot!!!!!!!

mikehit
    14 Jun 2013 - 9:10 PM

That is great to hear. Glad it was that simple.

goexplorephotography

Cheers Mike,
    Atleast im not mad ?Tongue

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.