Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help please Spyder 3 problems

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrish4
    chrish4  889 forum posts
    4 Nov 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi would really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice.

I have been using my spyder 3 for calibration for prob past 18 months without any problems just recalibrated once a month or so, however recently bought a new hard drive & everytime I use photoshop I need to recalibrate - literally as soon as screen saver pops up or when I switch on from start it is very purple in tones - recalibrates fine but then any pause in work it is needing redone. I did disable Adobe Gamma when set up ... that is about the level of my techy prowess though I'm afraid!!

Driving me crazy any advice would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Nov 2010 - 11:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

swanseamale47
    5 Nov 2010 - 10:38 AM

You shouldn't need to do that (obviously) what version of photoshop are you using? I suspect one of the older ones, and what software are you using? You say you have a new hard drive did you by any chance change the OS as well??
    Wayne

chrish4
    chrish4  889 forum posts
    5 Nov 2010 - 3:03 PM

Hi Wayne - Thanks for response - it is quite old CS2 photoshop I am using but always has been with no problems.
    Still have windows XP.... any advice much appreciated thanks

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314804 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2010 - 5:18 PM

I don`t think the fault is with photoshop its self, but just double check its not adobe gamma, go to run, type in msconfig and double check what loads at startup. There might even be some conflict with your graphics card, have you changed drivers at all.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 91880 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2010 - 7:55 PM

I've seen a similar thing in my laptop with a media player - whenever I attempted to play a DVD using a particular piece of software the calibration data was taken out.

I never really knew what to do about it, other than use a different player, but from what I've just read it may be about the order in which things load at startup.

Your screensaver is loaded minus any calibration data, and so your screen reverts to that when it kicks in. If you can somehow change the order in which things start (i.e calibration data loaded first), you may resolve the issue.

I was told to completely remove Adobe Gamma from my computer a few years back by a photo library, who helped me get my screen calibrated for the first time.

Last Modified By GlennH at 6 Nov 2010 - 7:56 PM
    chrish4
    chrish4  889 forum posts
    7 Nov 2010 - 10:18 AM

Hi thanks very much Glen & Paul for responses. I have double checked and adobe gamma is not loaded. Paul when you ask if I have changed drivers, you will laugh but I've no idea.... how do I check? Glenn have you any idea how you change the order in which things load at start up? Thanks very much for help...

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 91880 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2010 - 1:15 PM

By all accounts it's not that easy to change the startup order, although it seems likely to me that this is where the problem lies. See a similar thing here [scroll down to "Avoiding LUT Resets"]:

Avoiding LUT Resets

There's another article here, which applies to Windows Vista, but it's the same problem I think:

Vista Gamma Table Bug

The easiest workaround seems to be to re-select your profile, which is still a bit of a pain, but only takes a few seconds. The second link should provide a way to do this via the "Display Profile" application.

Otherwise, doesn't the Spyder 3 come with a 'profile chooser' app? If you click on your current profile the calibration data will be re-loaded to the LUT, and you can carry on editing.

Last Modified By GlennH at 7 Nov 2010 - 1:21 PM
    GlennH
    7 Nov 2010 - 2:59 PM

............ one thing you should do is check that the correct profile is associated with your monitor - right click in an empty space on your desktop, click on properties from menu, then open 'color management' tab. You should see your latest profile there.

If there are other profiles listed that are now defunct, you should remove them from that list and also physically delete them (which you can do by going to Windows>System32>spool>drivers folder).

chrish4
    chrish4  889 forum posts
    9 Nov 2010 - 10:05 AM

Glenn thanks so much for info - will get OH to try out what you have suggested thanks - he is bit more au fait with anything remotely technical than me .... will let you know how I go but thanks again for your time...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.