Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HELP REQUIRED PLEASE....Making a photograph semi transparent in CS3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3775 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:34 PM

Hi, folks,

I require a little help here please.

I have been given the task of overlaying a number of 1914 mono photographs over ones taken from the same spot very recently.

How, in CS3 do I make one of the old mono shots semi transparent, so I can slide it around over a recently taken version so that obvious features match up?

I am guessing this will need to be done with a copy layer?.....but.....how do I make that semi transparent.

I can do something similar in COREL Pantshop Pro, but I don't have that on my other PC.

Easy step by step instructions if possible please.

CHEERS!

Hobbo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012558 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:40 PM

Copy it as a layer and reduce the opacity slider until you can see through it.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8955 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:40 PM

simply place one over the other and reduce the opacity of the top layer to reveal the photo below. You can use softlight etc on the layers depending on the effect that is needed.

haha i need to type faster lol

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 10 Sep 2012 - 7:41 PM
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3775 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 8:47 PM

Thanks folks......just one more stupid question ( its easy when yu know how) ......where do I find the OPACITY SLIDER ....... please?

Had a quick go, but couldn't find it......

CHEERS AGAIN

Hobbo

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73832 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 8:58 PM

On the layers pallet

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.