Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help which camera to pick

9 Jan 2012 8:07PM
Well after doing a night school course and now enrolled in advanced course, thinking of upgrading from my Panosonic FZ100, but just can't decide which, canon 60 or 600 or Nikon D90, been in shop and tried them all in my hand but still can't decide read all reviews and now bogged down with info, just don't know what to do now on how to decide, doing my head in, any help please would be gratefull,

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Jan 2012 8:18PM
I bought the Canon 60d a few months ago and have not regretted it at all.I had my reasons, I prefer Canon over Nikon,I wanted a swivel lcd as I have a bad back and I already had a few lens which fit the 60d.
At the end of the day it will come down to what feels the best in your hand but also suite your needs.Keep in mind,if you feel comfortable with your camera you will use it more.
I suggest you go back to the shop and get a feel for the camera choices you mentioned,pick the most comfortable for you and then talk to the staff in relation to the features of the camera.
Best of luck!

Des
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
9 Jan 2012 8:20PM
With the 60D you also have excellent movie capability.Smile I've had the Canon 600D for a couple of months and I really enjoy it.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 1:58AM
The great Nikon/Canon debate will run and run. When I got my first DSLR it had always been my ambition for over 20 years to have a Nikon. Over 10 years on I am more than happy I did. Started with the D70, moved onto the D80 (excellent camera which my husband now uses and loves) and now the D300s. Cannot comment on the D90 as I have not used it but would suggest it should be equally as good as the D80 or better. I have never needed the movie mode but this I believe is available on the D90.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.